Blogger Layouts

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Strawberry Birthday

      Bet you thought I was gone forever; but no, my mom is very ill with cancer and she is loosing her fight with it.  I am spending my days with her and taking care of my family in the evening so things have been a little, make that a lot busy.  At any rate, I am making some time to make a few cards, so, here is my latest House Mouse card made for a birthday card swap on my House Mouse list and for the 100th House Mouse Monday Challenge which I missed by 2 minutes.  My timing stinks.


     This was a fun card to make.  I did lots of faux stitching on many of the layers. The straight pin was colored with a Sharpie to match the bling and stitching.  The house mouse was cut out and popped.  The strawberry was popped and the candle and leaves were popped as well.  A gray smudge was added for the candle smoke.  The mat for the house mouse was cut using Nestabilities Wonky Rectangles (my newest nestie set) and that was popped up too.  My kids get a kick out of counting how many layers I add to a card.  My sis is disappointed if there are not more than four.  I think they are all spoiled, but what can I say? I made them that way. 

Stampabilities House Mouse Full of Hot Air
K&Co. Design Paper
Martha Stewart border punch
Oriental Trading Buttons
Offray Ribbon
Darice Bling Heart
Dritz Pen
Prisma Pencil and OMS
Copic
Yellow Gel Pen
Turquoise Gel Pen
Spellbinders Nestabilities Wonky Rectangles


      I

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. What a strong lady you are to balance caring for her with caring for your family. That is such a load to carry. Thank goodness you are able to steal away a few minutes here and there to create your lovely cards. I'm sure that is therapeutic and definitely good for the soul :) Your House Mouse card is wonderful, as always. I LOVE the layers and the faux stitching is inspiring. Big hugs to you from New Mexico :) Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear your mom's health, Mary Ann. You know, you are both in my everyday prayer. ... Glad you did find some time to make a CUTE card, though. :-) Luv the color combos, and the beautiful ribbon you made, with pretty blue heart & pin! Luv the faux stitching too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne, so sorry to hear your mom is not doing well, will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    This card is gorgeous. Love how you have done everything. So how many total layers on this one?
    Thanks for posting and let mom know we are thinking of her and keeping her in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know me, I'm A layer counter...strong work on this card!!

    ReplyDelete