Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Shell

      Sorry I was away so long.  I have been taking care of my mom who is stage 4 cancer and it has taken up quite a bit of my time and stole my mojo for a while.  Now, I'm back and my mojo has returned (found it in MN).

      Bombshell Stamps Pinup challenge for July is "Summer Daze" .  The challenge was to use a summer theme and to use a bombshell stamp to create a embellishment.  Not to sure I covered the embellishment part but I am pretty sure I have the summer part right; after all, summer - summer vacation - vacation - Hawaii.

     I found the shell in the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby and knew right away what I wanted to do with it.  For once, something came out just the way I envisioned it so that was very satisfying.  I think I will keep this next to my Mermaid in a Bottle and a little sandcastle sculpture.   Maybe someday I will get to return to the islands and the ocean.  In the meantime, I will be able to look at my little shell and imagine.


     If you would like to win some kewl Bombshell Swag pop on over to the Bombshell Blog and add your Summer Daze Bombshell creation to the link.  A random drawing will be held and one lucky winner could receive a free set of Bombshell Stamps.


Prisma Pencils & OMS
Copic Markers
Beacons Glue
Shell

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is delightful. Have to make some as table decs for all the outdoor parties my sis has in the summer! What a great project!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!!! What a great little project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece Mary Anne! Luv your coloring & the shell is perfect, with these image! JFYI, Disney is opening their resort in the island of Oahu in the end of august. Maybe you & johny luv can take a vacation there??!! I wish i was still there, and i would've LUVED to work there!! :-) I'm keeping you & your mom in my prayer. ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done with this. Great idea using the shell.
    Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks for the great project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry that your Mom is so seriously ill.My yhoughts are with your family.
    I am amazed you find your mojo to craft something,and even as stunning and fabulous as this! Well done Mary Anne! ((Hugs)) from Holland!

    ReplyDelete