Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sweet Southern Belle

     Let me tell you, I just love this ATC.  I'm  doing a personal trade with a couple of Design Divas and the theme this time was Southern Belle.   Now I knew that I wanted to use the stamp of  the lady in the hoop skirt, but I didn't know how.  I was originally thinking of using a silhouette  of Georgia and a peach in the background or maybe a picture of a plantation house but they just didn't work for me.  I googled Georgia, Alabama, Confederate flag, southern belle, and confederate and accidentally found an image of confederate curreny - Bingo!  I copied an image of the money and then cut it down as background paper for the ATC and made sure to use the portion with the red print on it .  I over stamped that with a script stamp, embossed with some bronze embossing powder and distressed the edges with vintage photo distress ink and copper Brilliance ink.  The belle image was stamped with sepia archival ink, distressed, and popped up on 3M foam tape.  The button in the corner is a reproduction vintage button from my stash.  I made the rose using Sculpy and a latex mold and then distressed  it with distress inks.  The last embellishment is a brad from who knows where with a topaz colored rhinestone in the center.

Computer image of Confederate currency
Southern Belle - Clear Art Stamps
Script - A Stamp in the Hand
Bronze Embossing Powder - PK Glitz
Versamark Embossing Pad
Brilliance Ink - Copper
Distress Inks - Old Paper, Vingtage Photo, Faded Rose, Fired Brick
Archival Ink - Sepia
Button and Brad - Stash
Rose -  Scuply - MoldMuse mold
Happy2Scrap - Adhesive Rhinestone
3M Foam Tape

10 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! What a great ATC! Love that you used the currency. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet image you found, and made it into this pretty ATC!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a clever way to incorporate the challenge into your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous ATC! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week, and good luck!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!! So many gorgeous details!!
    I love your red,white and blue blog!!!

    Please stop on over at my blog, as I have something for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. Just love it. The currency was such serendipity. So wonderful when you find just the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty atc-I love your creativity for your southern belle challenge- thanks for playing along with the creative belli blog in our handmade custom belli challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeouss ATC :) thanks for joining the Inky Impressions Challenge. Could you please next time add the challenge link if you join to your posting ;)

    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ATc! I love the monochrome colours and the vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete