Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

OBG Blog Hop

     For the first  hop of the day, I am hopping along with the Design Diva's.  This stands for Divine, Inspirational, Virtuous, Artistic (Anoited) Sistahs!  Our group originated 2 years ago on SCS and recently branched out to Facebook.   OBG means you must use something that you have had in your stash for at least 6 months; papers, stamps, etc.   It may be a card, scrap book page or a 3D item.  If you are just starting the hop you can pop on over to Heather's Coffee Break and hop from the beginning. If you are coming from Vicki's blog, Bountiful Blessing, then you are in the right place.    I really enjoy this hop, we get to use treasures that we have forgotten about but still love.

     For today's card I created another little something for my sister,  another pea pod card, this time using a Bugawumps stamp I've had for maybe a year or more.  I purchased this stamp with the express purpose of making a card for my sis. I just fell in love with the little critter peeking out from behind the peas. I added little rhinestones to his eyes so that he would really pop.  The paper I purchased last summer and has a Japanese style pea pod along with some plum blossoms, aren't the bright colors just fun; and besides, how often do you find paper with pea pods on it?  Not too often, I can tell you.  The card was designed using the Mojo Monday sketch for this week.


     For the next stop on your journey, hop on over to Cindy's Antics for another beautiful card.  You will be glad you did.

Stamps - Bugawumps
Papers - Cosmo Cricket DP and Bazzil Card Stock
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Ink - Black Stazon
Gel Pen
Copic
Sakura Glitter Pen
3 M Foam Tape
Pealrs- Queen & Co.
Rhinestones - Fun2Scrap

15 comments:

  1. I saw this and thought immediately "I know that sketch!!!" I have been searching for inspiration this morning and drew this one in my little book. I hope to get around to it!! ;)

    Your card is GORGEOUS!!! I love those bright colors. The green really pops. and I agree, not too often you find awesome paper like that!

    Happy to be in the DIVAS hop with you. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Mary! love your sweet design & these fun colors & papers!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one adorable card!!!!! You are right, that stamp is way too cute!! Great papers and colors too!! Fabulous.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.....how sweet is this?!?! Super cute image and the colors are perfect! Wonderful job, Mary! Blessings to you, DIVA friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...Mary, this is just adorable!! That little guy peeking out is so cute!! Colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't even notice the little critter until i read it. how CUTE is that? love the pp and colors. such an adorable card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I love your collection of pea pods! You're going to get me hooked on them! This card is so cute and I love the bright colors. Cute little critter in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is gorgeous Mary!! I love the colors and the pea pod dp along with that sweet image! Thanks so much for stopping by. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a happy card...loving the big pea pod!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card Mary. I like the way you combined the image with the colors in the papers. The design is a nice choice as well as are the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary this is darling!!! Love the mixture of papers and your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that stamp and the cutie peeking out from behind....lucky break finding that dp too. Great take on the sketch Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice! Luv the background papers of your choice for this image, and you are right, hard to find peapod papers!! Luv this peapod image too! great coloring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this peapod card! The papers you used are FANTASTIC! My favorite color is green, and the contrasts in this card intrigue me so! Thanks for sharing ;) I love the idea of the OBG challenge. I have so many old" treasures" in my stash of supplies...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another lovely pea card. Love the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete