Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Put Me in the Movies

     Today is the Bombshell Monthly Blog Hop.  The theme this month is "Put Me in the Movies".   If you would like to start at the beginning of this wonderful hop just jump on over to the Bombshell Stamps Blog   If you have arrived here from Alex's Papers and String Blog you on the right track.

         Hopefully you will be able to guess my movie choice. If you guessed "Peter Pan" you were right.  If not, please tell me what you thought.  

     I used the Pirate's Life stamp set to create my character.  The pirate wench was turned into Peter Pan with a slight costume change and some green tights and a hat. She was then cut out and popped up using foam tape.  The pirate ship came from the Homeward Bound stamp set. I added the skull and cross bones to the sail colored it with my Prisma pencils, cut it out with nesties and edged it with stickles.  The background paper was created using distress inks and pieces of the Pirate's Life set.  I added some glimmer mist to it to give it some sheen and edged it with gold paint pen.  The fairy is a tiny stamp I have had forever and a day.  I popped her and added a trail of stickles, rhinestones and star confetti. Lastly I mounted the entire card onto some luscious purple cardstock.

     Now it's time to continue your journey down Hollywood Blvd. by hopping over to Celina's Ponies and Crafts Blog.

Distress Inks - Broken China, Concord, Peeled Paint
Stazon Ink
Le Plume Black Pen
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Recollections Bling
Stickles
Gold Paint Pen
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Pearl
Signo Pens - Gold, Silver
Gel Pen - Red (lips)
Copics
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels 4
3M Foam Tape

13 comments:

  1. Ooh, I just love this! Love the way you did the boat behind her, and she looks great in green.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is amazing! How super creative and the background paper ROCKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know a girl always did make the best Peter Pan! This is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creation! Beautiful coloring and love the way you did the background!!! My wishlist certainly is growing! Wow! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Peter Pan! I love it! love the way the ship is behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa girl! MISS Petra Pan is quite the BOMBSHELL ;) wahoo!! LOVE all the color on your card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great. Yep an awesome job. I love the Peter Pan Movie. You chose well Mary Anne hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. I thought "Hook". Great execution! I really love how you have the ship image floating in the background and the sparkly stuff Ms Sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I luv yoru coloring, background, and the ship in the nestie. Nicely done!! ...luv peterpan, and i was a tinkerbell on my 2nd year in college!... for halloween! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Anne, love these stamps and love your cards! This is precious and so much fun. Sassy with attitude! Fantastic!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is freaking brilliant and brilliantly done. I love everything about it.

    I'm a huge fan of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really rocked this card Mary!! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete