Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quilting Kimmie Block

If you are looking for WOYWW, please scroll down.

     I found Kraftin' Kimmie stamps this year and have fallen in love with many of their images.  This is my newest image called "Lavender".  I have a good friend that is going to teach me to quilt and I made this card for her.

     This card is entered in the Saturday Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #89.  The challenge this week was to refrain from using embellishments.  That was a really difficult challenge for me.  I love my embellishments; I mean it's really hard to not at least add a ribbon or some glitter.
    Even without the embellishments I am pretty pleased with this card.  I had this quilt paper for a while and had been saving it for just the right project.  I used the smaller patter to paper piece Lavender's quilt and then matched up the background to the quilt blocks, fun!  The main image is popped so she doesn't completely get lost in the background.  I did try adding cream and white behind the image but just didn't care for it.

Lavender - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp
K&Co Design Paper
Archival Ink
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Copic Markers
Signo White Pen
3 M foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it, Mary Anne. My niece is a crazy quilter and she will love this, too! I'm sending a copy of the pic to her so she can admire it. Even the skirt is quilted! Very creative (and no, I haven't peeked at my b-day swap card)
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. Great job including the border and skirt in the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased, pleased??? I'd be jumping for joy if I ever made a card as lovely as this one - it's just fabulous!!!!!! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the absence of embellishments this quilted paper is just perfect. Well done you for using it like this - good luck. Hugs,neet

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the peek. Love the koi card in your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. luv the NAME ~ Lavender!! lol! Luv this image, and your card!! I know, you want more embellishments but i luv the card with less or no embellishment, so this card is so perfect!! :-) Maybe I should check their designs too! :-)

    ReplyDelete