Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two Peas in a Pod

     I collect stamps with peas and pea pods because of my baby sister.  She loves getting special pea pod mail.  When House Mouse showcased a pea pod stamp at the beginning of the as on of their Mouse of the Month promotions, I could hardly stand the wait till it came out.
      Here is the card I made for my little sis.  I also have a little pea pod garden stake that I am going to include with it.
     I use 3 separately colored images to create the central image.  The different peas are popped at different levels as are the mouse the pea pod front and back and the peas in the middle and the stem.  Their is lots of depth to this card.  I had to add lots of layers as my sister counts those.  She really appreciates all my cards and is fun to create for.  The heart embellishment in the bow was created using an orange button that matched the buttons in the corners with a heart shaped rhinestone attached to the top.  The little corner buttons have been threaded with ribbon instead of thread for a fun feminine look.  The inside of the card is decorated with the same papers as the outside.

     I also plan to make her a little set of note cards with this image.  So watch for those in an upcoming post.

Stamp - Stampabilities - House Mouse - Give Peas a Chance
Design Paper - DCVW
Ink - Stazon Black
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Ribbon - Offray
Buttons - Oriental Trading
Bling - Recollections
3 M Foam Tape
Martha Stewart Punch
Nestabilities - Labels 4

11 comments:

  1. i luv this stamp too! Luv your choice of the background papers to this card, and many layering! She will absolutely luv it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO colorful and cute ;) it makes me smile just thinking of your sis opening it up and feeling adored ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this little stamp and the card you make with it. Great idea about the note cards. She's gonna love this!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, love it and love that little guy, wish I was laying back in a bed of fresh green peas, lOL thanks for sharing it. hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your card! too cute! HUGS!

    karen a

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I can't wait to see it and count the layers!! I wish I had your talent...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luv this card. All the layering reminds me of sitting in a sewing room going through snippets of fabric and trimming. So appealing to the eye. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love my meeces! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just too cute. Love the layout and of course the stamp and the way you colored it.

    ReplyDelete