Blogger Layouts

Friday, September 30, 2011

Autumn Gift Basket

 
  I created this cute little autumn basket for my niece using a berry basket made of wood splits that I picked up from Tractor Supply for only 49 cents; what a deal!  Decorating it was tons of fun too.  This is one of the few items I have ever made that has absolutely no stamping on it, although, I did use distress inks and gold ink on the edges of different elements.  The background is K&Co. paper from their fall pad, covered in the most gorgeous leaf pattern.  This side has a rosette made using a die from MFT and a butterfly sticker from the dollar store.  The quote panel is from Crafty Secrets and I added a little bling to the corners.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch for the top trim and some Offray ribbon.  The entire basket was then wrapped using tulle and some dollar store wire ribbon.
     Each side of the basket is different.  This one has some Prima flowers I picked up from the clearance bin at Michaels and a button from Whimsies that I used as a center.  The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch with some Recollections pearls for the body.  The flourish used for the vine is from a Tim Holtz die and the grape leaf is a Cuttlebug diecut that I gave texture to with a stylus.


     This side has a more butterflies using punches from EK Success and MS edged in gold and punched from K&Co. scraps from the fall pad.  Again I used Recollections pearls to accent the butterflies and the Crafty Secrets panel that I popped up using chipboard and foam tape. The bee seal is something that has been in my stash for years.
     This side again uses different Prima flowers from the clearance bin with a Whimsies button as a center, leaves from an old Christmas wreath, TH die cuts for the vine and the MS butterfly and Recollections pearls.


    The basket contains two kitchen towels covered in fall leaves and have a TH diecut and silk leaf layered on the top.

Crafty Secrets Autumn Blessings Cuts
K&Co. Fall Design Paper Pad
Martha Stewart Punches
EK Success punch
Recollection Pearls
Tim Holtz Die Cut
Prima Flowers
My Favorite Things Die Cut
Whimsies Buttons
Distress Inks
Gold Color Box Ink
Offray Ribbon

   

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful fall basket! You are the best aunt in the world,!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness. I know she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful basket. Just love it. You can send me one too. lol

    ReplyDelete