Blogger Layouts

Friday, September 2, 2011

Butterfly Are Free ATC

     This month's personal ATC swap with my Design Diva friends has a butterfly theme.  I tried a new technique for this card; ironing napkins to card stock using saran warp.  It works up to a point.  I believe I would prefer glue though as the cling wrap doesn't seem to permanent.  At any rate, I ironed some gorgeous butterfly napkins to my car stock.  I then cut it into the 2 1/2 by 3 1/2" pieces, the  backgrounds were stamped with a gold flourish and embossed.  Next I edged the entire ATC with a gold paint pen and added some jewels to the corners.  I stamped and colored butterflies and cut them out.  The butterflies are backed with a second butterfly image so that when I popped them on the ATC their wings would be pretty from either side.  I have been hoarding some metal filigree butterflies that I glued over a larter butterfly image on my napkins and finally I added a little butterfly domed embellishment.

      I must say that it has been fun creating ATC's again.  I have really been enjoying these little works of art and have a great display from a bird swap in my living room.  

Martha Stewart Butterfly Stamps
Inkadinkado Flourish
Tim Holtz Embossing Powder
Recollections Rhinestones and Metal Butterflies
K&Co. Butterfly Dome Embellishments
Prisma Colors and OMS
Colorbox Gold Ink
Stazon Black Ink
Gold Paint Pen
Glue Dots
Punch Studio Napkins


9 comments:

  1. oh you tried that napkin tech!Gorgeous!! Great choice of the napkin & butterflies theme! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Anne! Tose ATCs are GORGEOUS!!! ;) thanks for sharing...how beautiful!! ;)
    cookie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! These are so fragile and delicate, they're just gorgeous. I love napkin art and these are priceless! Have you tried ModPodge to adhere them? I've never tried the Saran tech but the decoupage glue always worked for me.
    Now I want to pull out my old Anna Griffin napkins, if I can find them! TFS
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful, breathtaking, wow, I am impressed. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ATC's I love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely. I remember your beautiful bird ATC. It would be really sweet if you would share photos of the bird ATC's you received. Hint hint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for my fall basket! you are the best aunt in the world!

    ReplyDelete