Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September Bombshell Challenge

  Ms. September, Stempelientje, set our challenge this month at Bombshell Stamps and she wanted speed and she wanted red. This was a challenge that I was way happy to answer! There are lots of ways to interpret this challenge and I went for a fast bike - ain't nothin' better!  (Well Maybe chocolate - thought about that and decided chocolate has to take second)
    I started by using last weeks SCS sketch.  This is the first time I have tried one of their sketch challenges and I just really liked it for what I had in mind.  The background paper was a vibrant red which I dearly love. I stamped the engine randomly all over and heat embossed it.  The center section of background paper is a Cuttlebug embossing folder which is great for men, machines, cars and of course, steampunk.  After dry embossing I went over the raised gears with a platinum dye pad to high light my gears.  The image was heat embossed and colored with Copics and a silver Signo pen to get that wonderful chrome look (luv me some chrome).  It was then cut out and popped up with foam tape onto my center panel which was embellished with some phillips head screw brads.

      Bombshell Stamps has some of the best, in my opinion, motorcycle stamp sets on the market.  This set "Retro Harley" is one of my favorites.  They are fun to color and the detail is extra-ordinary.  

     Now for the fun part, if you would like to play along with us, just pop on over to the Bombshell Blog and link up your creation.  You will have a chance to win a free set of Bombshell Stamps of your choice if you are this month's winner.  

4 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME Mary Anne!This fit right with the challenge!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really rocked the red and speed challenge!!! Love how you did that background-especially the gear embossing folder! That bike imaage is my favorite because it most resembles MY bike! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge! I agree, i do like this MOTOR BIKE image! Very Cool card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely jaw-droppingly fantastic. I love everything about it!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete