Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sweet Summer Time


     Banana popsicles are my favorite, and the little mousies too apparently.  I used to go through the box in the summer when I was a kid just looking for that wonderful yellow popsicle.  Not much has changed as I grew older, I would buy popsicles for the kids and still root through the box looking for that magical color.  Luckily, I was the only bananaholic in the family. I know eventually I will color this card with a bunch of different colored treats but today, for the first time, it just had to be yellow.
   
      Yellow and white are two of my favorite summer colors.  This combination always seems so refreshing.  In fact, this year has been my mom and I's yellow year.  We refreshed different parts of her house and it was all yellow and white - new quilt, dishes, bath mats and shower curtain.  We needed something uplifting while mom is fighting cancer and this color just lifts our spirits.
   
     For this card, I used some yellow design paper I have been hoarding for too long.  I added tons of layers just cause I like them and added embossing to my white background paper.  I think nothing looks better than white embossing.  I just love it!  The ribbon was something I picked up in Michael's dollar bin a while back cause of the lovely yellow and white colors and I also picked up the popsicle embellishment there, how could I resist a yellow popsicle?  Sticles and white signo pen were added to the popsicle to make it look frosty and yummy.

Stamp - Stampabilities House Mouse "Brain Freeze"
Prisma Pencil and OMS
Spellbinders rectangle and scalloped rectangle nestabilities
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Signo White Pen
Yellow Stickles
Popsicle and Ribbon from Stash
3M Foam Tape

     I'm sending this card off as a swap to a new House Mouse list friend.

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy :-) I agree with you, Mary anne, luv Yellow. It always lift my spirit up & smile :-) Never seen the popsicle embellishment, perfect for this card, and card is beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I love the yellow and the ribbon, Yep, this is an awesome card. It is a happy card, makes you feel good inside. Thank you bunches for sharing it with us hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, how delicious! Love your fresh, clean colors and that banana popsicle sounds wonderful! Where can I get one?
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good enough to eat :) Certainly brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the sparkles on the popsicle. Love the yellows.

    ReplyDelete