Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bombshell Hump Day Skelly Hop

     This month over at Bombshell Stamps we decided to have skeletons as the main theme of our October Hop. It could be for Halloween, Day of the Dead, or just because you like skeletons.  We were also encouraged to create something decorative or ornamental, not just a card.   Now all the lovely ghouls participating in this hop have created some wonderful things to share with you. So if you have just joined in, why not start at the beginning at the Bombshell Blog.  If you have arrived here from Alaine's MissAlaineous' Mosaics you are in the right place at the right time.

     Here is my creation for this month.  It is very simple yet looks great when lit up.  All the skeletons flicker and dance around the light.

     I used the skeleton from the Retro Cowgirl stamp set.  This was a very quick and easy project and makes a great Halloween gift.  Simply measure some vellum the length and width of a cylinder clear candle, stamp your image in black, distress and tape the seam together.  I also added a little bling to my skeleton's eye as that makes them glow in the dark.  Now how quick and easy is that?  Of course, if you want, it is simple to add a little color, Day of the Dead sugar skulls look great in this project also.

      Now, off you go to Stemplelientje's Stamp Creations, where she will have another great project for you.

Happy Halloween, Day of the Dead, and All Saints Day.

Archival Ink - Black
Score tape
Red Rhinestones - Recollections
Candle - Stash

14 comments:

  1. Great project! I bet it will look amazing when it's lit up inside.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary!!

    Loveeeeeeeeeeeee the candle!! I'm sure it looks even more spectacular when it's lit up!!

    Hugs!!!!!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet these look amazing lit up with candles. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, Mary, quite contrary...how does your candle glow? With eyes of bling, and sparkly things and skeletons...all in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Love the bling in the eyes. Wish I could see it all lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super fun! Bet it is wonderful all lit up. Love the bling for the eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there's an idea that can work for any holiday...even for gift giving. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely outrageous! It's hilarious. Wish I'd thought of it for the kidlets. Hmmmmm - next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun project! I never know what do with this guy, and now I do ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. what fun! luv the stamp too, and I usually don't like skelton :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great Mary Anne! That is a great way to use that samp,and I love the sparkly eyes!
    I was thinking,this is also a great way to recycle old jars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great project. I love the rhinestones in their eyes. I don't think I could have lined the skeletons up nearly as good as you! Great job!

    ReplyDelete