Blogger Layouts

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Cherry Bomb Chocolate Cookies

     The Bombshell Design team was challenged to come up with a 8x8 recipe page featuring one of the Bombshell stamps and a favorite recipe.  These chocolate cookies are so good you are going to have to make a third and fourth batch just to satisfy your family!  This is a recipe I invented for a friend of my who lives way far away in MI.  He's a pretty good cook himself.

     The cherry background paper for this page was created using the cherry stamp from the Bombshell Cherry Bomb Stamp Set.  I also used the Bombshell from that set.  I stamped her and colored her with copics and Prisma pencils and then scanned her and enlarged her (Johnny Luv's idea - he's so smart!) so that she would be more in scale with my page.

     The cherry border that she is sitting on was created using a cc designs die that cut the scallops and embossed the cherries.  I added red pearls to the cherries for even more texture and colored the stems and leaves with Copics.

     Polka dots and cherries always seem to go together in my mind so of course they just had to go together on this page; black and white polka dot background paper, red and white polka dot ribbons, and some fun covered brads in a wonderful red and white polka dot.  Who could ask for more?

  Now this is a contest and so I need all of you to pop over to the Bombshell Forum and register there and then pop on over to the blog so you can vote for my recipe creation.

Bombshell Stamps Cherry Bomb Stamp Set
DCVW Design Paper Black and White
Making Memories Brads
Offray Ribbon
Martha Stewart Border Punch and Medallionl Punch
Mary Englebreit Cherry Embellishment
Recollection Pearls & Bling
Copic Markers
Prisma Pencils and OMS

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is SO clever, So cute! You've come up with the perfect layout for your theme. I'm really luvin' it. Did you really make that fantastic cherry paper?
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this recipe page. You did a fabulous job. I even voted! *wink*

    I think I will definitely try this recipe, but without the pecans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You has a great blog. I'm like and very interesting. Dont forget to visit back my blog and gives us your comment for us. Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete