Blogger Layouts

Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Treat Bucket

          This miniature paint bucket was decorated for Halloween for my college daughter.  I filled it with a pair of dollar store Halloween socks, a small shaker globe and candy.  Can't have my baby miss Halloween.  It is one of our favorite holidays.  I even remember my mom making a red flannel nightgown and purchasing a pair of horns for me to be a little devil when I was only 3.  This is the first year we are not having a party.  I just couldn't find the time or really the inclination this year with mom passing.  Every year we would have a private contest to see who would get the most trick or treaters.

      Back to the bucket, this was way fun to decorate.  I used three different border punches and decorative paper and sticky rhinestones and a dollar store glitter spider (best spider ever!)  Apparently this was the year for dots too.  I added doodle dots to lots of my Halloween projects as you can see around all the borders.  Of course, I did make a card to go with but that's another day's post.

8 comments:

  1. That is an adorable idea, I want to make one for my granddaughter for her birthday. Thank you for the idea. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great treat bucket love it
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the spookiest spider ever! Great finding, Mary anne!:-) Luv this little treat bucket! Great decoration! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so yummy treat box!
    love the papers and embellies
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
    hugs
    céline dt member

    ReplyDelete
  5. This project is SO creative and fun. Thanks so much for joining us at Wags-n-Whiskers Challenge, and please come back again for more fun and lots of awesome images available in our store.
    I'd like to invite you by my personal blog as I'm having a give-away this week, so PLEASE check it out at:
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Karen - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS, this is amazing!! My kids would have been the envy of their friends with one of these!! LOVE IT and the spider on the side lol.

    Thanks for joining us this time at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary Anne! This is such a fun Halloween bucket! What a great idea! I really like all of your fancy borders and the yummy candy corn paper! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our, "3 B's" Challenge!
    Warm Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my...what fun Halloween creations you have been showing off!

    ReplyDelete