Blogger Layouts

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Haunted Candle House

     This is a little something I put together for my sister.  I picked up the wooden form for the house last year at Michael's on their clearance sale.  I knew just what I wanted to do with it too.  It came out every bit as good as I had hoped.   

    The house base was painted black then I cut out design papers to fit the different walls and pieces.  Add the papers were distressed with black ink before I glued them onto the house.  I tried the house without paper on the inside and decided it looked better with the inside paper.  After lighting it up, I didn't like the looks of the white candle so I covered that in paper as well.  

     Here it is all lit up.  I just love the way it glows.  I am definitely going to make one of these for myself.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....this is AWESOME! I'll be headed to Michael's after Halloween to see if I can snatch up some stuff like this...now that you've given me so many ideas on how to use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a great latern !!!! i love it !!!
    xxx
    tanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creation, Mary anne. Luv this haunted house!I want one for my house, too... wherever that would be...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love this! It's so creepily fun!

    ReplyDelete