Blogger Layouts

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spooky Shadow Box

     This is an inexpensive but fun project that uses us scraps of paper and odds and ends from your stash and the dollar store.

     I know shadow boxes seem to be waaay popular right now with Tim Holtz and other expensive options.  This box started life as a plain wooden box from the dollar store.  I painted it black using acrylic paints and added a little orange Luminere paint for highlights.  Each individual box is approximately 2" square.  I used scarps of Halloween paper for each box. Each square was distressed with black ink around the edges.

     The boxes were filled with mostly dollar store finds.  I just realized that I lost the spider from the top center box. The spider was from a plastic ring as were the bats in the bottom right corner.  The bones in the center boxes were one skeleton I chopped into pieces.  He came from a string of skeleton garland, again from the dollar store.  The center box has a Cricut cut tombstone left over from another project and some punched bats.  The top left corner has two little bottles tied with string and filled with glitter.  I also added a punched bat to one bottle.  These were from my stash and are one of the more expensive items in the box.  I paid a whopping 50 cents a bottle.  The top right corner has a Jolee sticker on a rosette again inexpensive and you can add just about anything to the rosette.  Now to continue my random box bouncing, we go to the bottom left box where I used a game piece that I altered with some ink and a stamp.  The last box is the center bottom box and that has a foam boo left over from a kindergarten room mom project, a few flowers from a huge bouquet and a dollar store pumpkin table tossers.

    Overall a way fun and definitely kewl project that just uses a little creativity and mostly stuff we have in our Halloween stash or from the dollar store.  --- I really need to find my spider, I hope he hasn't bitten anyone.

6 comments:

  1. I love this, I love this, I love this! I am SO itching to make one of these! Yours is incredible! What fantastic little goodies you tucked into all of the little cubby holes. Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shadow box, that is awesome Mary Ann, What a wonderful job you did. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job and great idea...it can be made for any season/holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very KEWL (your spelling! lol!) Luv all little details in this box. Find the spider, before it bites, would you??!! lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is stunning, thanks for joining us at SND challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - that's amazing. It's perfect !!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamp-n-Doodle this week
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete