Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Balance

     Today's card is a little different my my usual cards.  It is a sentiment card.  In fact, it has only one word on it. I used an SCS sketch for this one and beautiful scraps of Washi paper but just couldn't put an image to it.  It just  feels right the way it is.  I think I may send this to my daughter who is a geisha themed entertainer.  I think she will really appreciate it.
This card was made for the Bombshell Design Team Challenge presented by Miss November, Celina Anthony, who challenged us to create a card or project using scraps.  I hoard my washi paper even the tinest scraps and this project was made for them.  It has for distinct scrap papers that I bordered in black just to give them so pop.  The individual layers are also popped up with foam tape.  The beautiful papers really didn't need any embellishments and an image just did seem to be the way I wanted to go so I used the sentiment for the Bombshell Lotus Garden stamp set.  If you would like to see what the rest of the Bombshell team came up with pop over to the Bombshell Blog and see the incredible creations the rest of a truly talented design team came up with.  I have to tell you they impressed the heck out of me.

If you would like to play along just create a card using a bombshell stamp and scraps.  You get extra points if you stamp on paper that is not basic white.  There is a place to link up at the bottom of the post on the Bombshell Blog

Washi paper - Stone House Stamps
Black Generic Cardstock
Black Archival Ink
3 M Foam Tape

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how simply elegant it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that even though each paper has a beautiful individual design they come together and complement each other so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card mom.I love how each paper compliments the others

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful papers. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. The colors are so relaxing. I love it :) Cheerful Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. how pretty this card is! I hear ya, you HOARD those BEAUTIFIUL papers, to just look at! "Balance" sentiment is perfect for this card!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful combination of papers!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete