Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

OLDIES BUT GOODIES BLOG HOP

 Today is the Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.  If you have arrived here from Cindy Hess Grigiski's blog,  
Stamp With Me Cindy G you are on the right track.  If you are just starting the hop and would like to begin at the first participating blog, hop on over to Dru Cabral's blog, Garden of Dreams.

    For this hop I created a little tag card using one of my favorite images, a House Mouse.  I thought the little mousie on the tag would make a great bookmark.

    I didn't want to use a traditional red, blue, yellow color scheme so I went a few shades off using K&Co. design paper as my color palette.  The tag is just a regular Manilla tag from the office supply store that I dolled up using distress inks. and stamps.  This really did use some oldies from my stamp collection, the splatter background stamp was one of my first from 5 or 6 years ago, the flourishes are at least 3 years old and the House Mouse was from last year.  The design paper is several years old as are the brads.

     Now if your ready to continue your hop just pop on over to see what a delightful creation Maria Matter over at the Joyful Stamper has for you.

Stamps - Clear Stamps - Florishes
               House Mouse
               Hero Arts - Background Splatter
               Distress Inks -Straw, Fired Brick, and Faded Jeans
               Archival Ink - Sepia
               Ribbon - Offray
               Vellum
               K&Co. design paper pad
               Signo White Gel Pen
               Brads from Stash

16 comments:

  1. This is such afun Bookmark Tag! Love this design! Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to giggle when you said you had DP from a few years ago...I have paper from 5 yrs ago...lol..I'm an under cover hoarder :) your tagis so cute! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome!! I love the splattered look!! I absolutely love House Mouse!! This is a great idea!! I too, have some very old paper!! You can never have enough, in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pocket card- and the sewing- and your bookmark- darling image- love the idea of using 'unused' stash too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and the bookmark is a nice surprise! Wonderful colors and coloring of the adorable House Mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to get some of these gorgeous stamps.....every time I see a project using them I smile!!!! Great idea for a little gift your tag is just great and I love the detail you added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tag!! LOVE this!! and gotta love House Mouse! I went with that too!! heeheehee :P great minds right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, what a cute image!!! Great choice of colors and that tag is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Anne, this is absolutely adorable. I love it. What a great idea. Love that card. hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO sweet! ANd you know I love House Mouse images! Love the splattering, stitching and pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! Love the colors and textures! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable Mary, brilliant design! love this!!!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is that mouse? Great coloring. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! Very cool!

    Hugs,Karen a

    ReplyDelete