Blogger Layouts

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Cone

I love cones, I like them  out of the  box, when I wear my sox, on a door, they never bore. I can fill them with treats and sweets, I can fill them with tricks and flower picks.  I love my cones, I do, I do.     OK I'm over my Suessitis, I hope.  But I really do like these simple yet elegant decorations.  I have them for several holidays and they are fun to hang on a friends door.

This one is covered with design paper.  I stamped the bottom with large flourish and heat embossed it before assembly.  There is a punched border around the top with rhinestones on the drop points and they are repeated around the bottom of the cone.  The rosette in the center is from a Tim Holtz die and a Spellbinders die.  The center of the rosette is a piece of design paper from Pink Paislee.  I chose it for my Johnny Luv who is true blue patriot.  What is more patriotic than Santa with an American Flag.
Here's a shot of the finished cone filled with flowers on a door in my kitchen.
This cone was entered in the anything goes challenge The Crazy Challenge

6 comments:

  1. Mary... I love this idea and they are so gorgeous ! You can make them for any holiday, which is so cool!!! Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm i never made any cones in my life, but your beautiful projects made me think i should start now! lol I can see your house is becoming more festive! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, this is beautiful! I'm thinking it would be a wonderful gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the Santa image that you used. Its so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is simply amazing!!! Is it a bought cone that is covered in paper or is the paper the cone? You asked about my deer with the 3-d look, it is covered in mod podge dimensional! I love that stuff!!!!! Now I want to make cones so you need to tell me how!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awsome! I love the Idea and the beautiful design. Thank you for playing along with us this week at the crazy challenge. Have a great weekend, Dominique

    ReplyDelete