Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December Hump Day Hop: Give It To Me Baby!

     This is the last blog hop for the year.  Boy, has this year gone fast!  For this last hop of the year, we wanted to do something special so the theme is "Give It to Me Baby".  This means making a gift using Bombshell Stamps.  Then Torrey thought wouldn't it be fun to have a gift exchange so so those of us participating in the hop will all be receiving a kewl gift.  How fun is that?

     Now, if you've just joined in and would like to start at the beginning of this adventure, pop over here to the Bombshell Blog.  If you have just arrived from Allison's Random Thoughts then you are on the right track.

      For my gift I was inspired by Pirates of the Caribbean and so, I have a jar of dirrrrt.  I have a jar of dirrrrt.

     This does happen to be special dirt though, it is actually hot chocolate.  How fun is that?  My oldest daughter actually thought of this idea since my youngest daughter plays the 10 hour marathon version of the I've Got a Jar of Dirt song on Youtube all the time.  The longest anyone in this family has managed to keep it on is three hours. Can I just say "HELP ME".

     I used the Homeward Bound Stamp Set and the  A Pirate's Life to create my jar.  I wrapped the jar in an antique map design then added my images on top using old twine and an anchor charm as well as a wax seal.

     After being inspired by Pirates I just couldn't help making a second project for this hop, a bottle of rum.  Yes, that's right if you are asking "Where has all the rum gone?", the answer is to my house, bwahahaha.
I looked up old rum labels and this is what I ended up making.

     I used the Mermaid Anchor Stamp Set to create my label as well as the sentiment from the Bombshell Angel Stamp Set.  I added a cork cover using some more dolphins from the Mermaid Anchor Set and another wax seal.  The wax seal was created using sealing wax and the compass stamp from the Homeward Bound Stamp Set.


     Here are close ups of the label and cork cover.

     Next stop on this blog hop is Torrey's Left Field Studio.  Enjoy the hop and all the way kewl projects along the way.

These projects have been entered into the
Charisma Card Challenge
Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge

Bombshell Stamps:
Mermaid Anchor
Homeward Bound
Bombshell Angel
Just Rite Stamps
Tim Holtz Distress ink:  Vintage Photo, Walnut, Old Paper, Mahogany, Fired Brick
Stazon Black Ink
Archival Sepia Ink
Prisma Color Pencils
Copic Makers
Spellbinders Label Die
Sealing Wax
Offray Ribbon
Barn Twine
Cocoa, Rum, Charm from Stash

14 comments:

  1. So very fabulous. I love the Pirate Wench as a redhead!

    I also love all the great details you included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo I love the dirt jar!! and the content!!)The bottels is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so rad! I am so digging that jar of dirrrt! What a great idea your daughter came up with! And the label and wax seal is super cool. Both fabby gits. I would be happy to have them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love these.:) Really awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, EM to the G!!! I ADORE these!!! Yo ho, Yo ho, a Bombshell's life fore me!!! I am TOTALLY coveting that jar. Totally.

    Just sayin....

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary Anne,

    What a original and fabulous projects ! What a creativity ! Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I absolutely love BOTH projects. How super creative. I was certain you were going to tell me thought that the Rum had gone to your Tum :)

    Love the combining of the ship with the pirate bombshell on the jar of dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so lovely
    thanks for playing along with Charisma
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects! I love the "dirt" jar...so cleaver! The rum bottle is great, too! What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHAHA... Love the dirt jar, and the job you did on the Bombshell Liquor is to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom you forgot something vary important.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU3YWhug6jU

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, dont forget you can enter 3 times a week..
    Shell x

    ReplyDelete