Blogger Layouts

Thursday, December 1, 2011

House Mouse Snowflake

     Today I finally get a chance to share something that suits the season, a Christmas ornament.  We're having an ornament swap on my HM list and I get to run the swap. I have seen some gorgeous ornaments and some cute ornaments but let me tell you they are all wonderful and I cannot wait to get my tree up.  This is my ornament for the swap.  I must admit I totally cased this from the Just Rite catalog from a year or so ago.  I saw them and KNEW I had to make some of my own.  At any rate, here is my version.
I started with a dollar store snowflake and went from there.  This is the first time I have used my Just Rite stamps at all.  I think I am going to get pretty busy with them.  They are fun to use.  My little mouse is colored with Prismas and I added some red glitter gel pen and Sakura gel to his peppermint. I cut him out and popped him up on a circle embossed with snowflakes then added that to a JustRite border colored in with gel pens than a design paper border and finally a scalloped circle border to which I added gold Signo pen dots.  Each layer has been outlined with a gold paint pen too.  I glued the entire thing to my snowflake and then glued some red rhinestones to a few of the snowflake edges and voila an ubber cute ornament.  I'm glad I saved one for my own tree.  Well actually my tree has more than one little House Mouse on it.  I usually make at least one House Moue a year for my tree.  Speaking of which, it is definitely time to dig it out and set it up.

House Mouse Stamp- Peppermint Delight
Just Rite Stamp from Whimsical Christmas Set
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Sakura Glitter Pen
Gold Paint Pen
Gold Signo Pen
Various Gel Pens
Queen & Co. Rhinestones
Dollar Store Snowflake
3M tape
DCVW Design Paper
Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies
Cuttlebug embossing folder - snowflakes

6 comments:

  1. Mary... this is just adorable!!! I love it and you have done such a beautiful job of putting it together! I can't wait to see a picture of your tree!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love seeing your House Mouse projects. WHat a great way to snazz up a cheapo snowflake. Don't you just love your Just Rite stamps now? I am so hooked on them. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thats super awesome,just love it...hugz anita..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the ornament makes me wish I had joined the swap. hugs katmouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Love this little mouse with his peppermint candy. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is super adorable, Mary anne! I luv your Dollar findings, to make them so sweet and beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete