Blogger Layouts

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Punked Out

     The Bombshell Design Team was challenged this month to create a "Hot and Steamy" project, Steampunk that is, using Bombshell images by our guest designer, Ms. December,  Torrey.

     I chose to use the Mi Amor image to work with for my project and added loads of cogs and gears to create a box for all my steampunk embellishments. The rings around the images eyes reminded me of the goggles that seem to be very popular with the steampunkers right now.  I think my favorite part is the little watch stopper I used as a handle to open the box.





















      I didn't get a side view of this box, but I used a spiffy gear embossed paper to cover them and it came out super fantastic.   The wooden box came from the dollar store and was first covered with distress inks before I began adding layers and embellishments.  A number of the gears came from Michael's, where I used a coupon to get a small bag which contained quite a few gears in different shapes and metals.   The clock face actually came from an old alarm clock my son disassembled and I just went through my boxes of metal bits to find other parts and pieces.  The butterfly was stamped in stazon on the same gear covered paper I used for the background of the box and I added an acetate layer because, well because I like it.

     I expect I will be doing more steampunk creations as my baby girl has really been bitten by the steampunk bug and I kind of like it too.

     This has been entered at Charisma Cardz Challenge Here
                                           Dutch Dare Card Challenge Here
                                           Quirky Crafts Challenge Here
                                           Party Time Tuesday Here
                             Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Here
                                           Just For Fun Challenges Here

Stamps - Bombshell - Mi Amor
               Prickely Pear butterfly and die set
Papers - DCVW steampunk pad and Tim Holtz pad
Gears - Micheal's and old watch and clock parts
Prima Flowers
Ink - Sepia Archiveal, Gingerbread Chalk, TH distress mahogany, vintage photo, old paper, walnut
Box - Dollar Store
Acetate - old box
Stash - paper clips, brads
Tim Holtz - Corners

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Love it! Thank you sooo much for joining our Quirky Craft's New year SteamPunk Challenge
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real curiosity box :)
    Thank you for sharing it with usat Just for f
    Fun
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful collage card - should be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your not included us on your list of challenges :( have to say I love this box great steampunk project and thank you for sharing it with us at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary... This is absolutely Gorgeous!!! I love it and you have decorated it beautifully!!! I love all the metal pieces that you have used!!! Have a wonderful and safe New Year!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! Simply gorgeous box! Bravo!

    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Steampunk box, particularly love that butterfly! Thanks so much for taking the time to join in with the Charisma Cardz challenge at such a busy time of year.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card, such striking images! Thanks for joining us at charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab steampunk card. Unusually coloured too but I like (a lot). Thanks for joining us at JFF. Hugs & Happy New Year, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a interesting card!
    Love the way you embellished too.
    Thanks for playing with us at DDCC.
    Have a nice day!
    Marcelle

    ReplyDelete