Blogger Layouts

Friday, December 16, 2011

Traditional Advent Box

     Here is a second advent calendar I made for my youngest son.  This one was done with a traditional color scheme.  His favorite drawer was the one that had a i.o.u to trade bedtimes with anyone in the family.
The papers were Creative Imagination and Cosmo Cricket.  The Embellishments have been saved and hoarded forever.  When ever I find a Christmas embellie into my Christmas box of treasure it goes until just the right project comes along.  The numbers on this are again stickers and the box was originaly colored with stazon and distress inks before I added all the paper and decorations.  I don't know what is more fun with these advent boxes, creating them or filling them.

This was entered in the the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Here

9 comments:

  1. no, neither, FINDING the goodies inside is my most fav. part! lol ;-) I'm sure your son would feel the same way as I do! lol ! Another great creation!! I should make one one day, even for an adult who luvs sweets ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just FABULOUS and you did such a wonderful job on it!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow I love this and have aleays wanted to try one.
    thanks for playing with us at the Belli challenge. Hope to see you next challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trade bedtimes? That is such a cool idea!! The advent calendar is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL... I love that I.O.U. trade of bedtime! My boys would LOVE to get one of those! Thank you for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great! i wish I had made more time for stuff like this...Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great alternative to the standard chocolate advent calendar. Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday-haven

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW What a great Christmas Decoration, thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafts and me this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job of this advent calendar! Lovely work of art you've created =) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete