Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Under the Mistletoe

     Today is the Bombshell design team posts their take on the monthly sketch.  I knew just what I wanted to do with the sketch this month.  I recently received the "Till Death Do We Part" stamp set and wanted to make a card for my Johnny Luv so this is his Christmas Card.  (Johnny do not look, no peeking, not even a tiny bit.)
     At any rate this is the sketch we had to work with this month and I must say it was just perfect for what I wanted to do.
I needed to flip the sketch sideways for my image to work.  Then because I'm me I had to, I mean had to, just couldn't not do it, added more layers.  Then because for me more is always better I had to emboss my oval too and finally I had to cut out and pop up my images.
  Now these design papers are not all by the same company, but you must admit, they really work well together.  The sparkly mistletoe (sparkly, sparkly - I just love sparkle) is from a piece of flower pic from Michael's.  (Here's a little tip: Go now and buy some of those sparkly branch thingies at Michael's for later in the year.  They make the best seaweed and coral ever. I have some in every color and some twice.)  I couldn't settle on the bottom embellishments for the longest time.  I tried different pieces of bling, snowflakes, holly, buttons, roses, handmade flowers, nothing worked until I found a can of old Prima poinsettas and they just spoke to me.  I added a textured brad from who knows where to finish it off.
     I know some people who read my blog are going to think this is a kind of creepy Christmas card for my Johnny Luv, but I guarantee you that he will understand and love it and not just because he likes everything I make.  He is such a big sweetie and spoils me horribly but he doesn't ever lie about things I create. If he likes them, he likes them, if he does, he doesn't.
     Wow!  I have been waaay chatty today so I better get back on track with this challenge.  If you would like to play along with us link up your card to our blog post Here and you can also add it Here on our forum.  Some lucky winner is going to win their choice of stamp set.  Darn, wish it could be me because I want them all.

Bombshell Stamps - Till Death
Black Memento Ink
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Copic Markers
Sakura Black Glitter Pen
Prima Flowers
Cuttlebut Snowflake Embossing Folder
Creative Imaginations Design Paper

18 comments:

  1. WOW this is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge and please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! LOVE those brads on the flowers!!! Beautifully done- as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done! Glad you entered your card with us at UIT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! It's hard to make a skeleton look "Christmasy" yet you did. Great take on the image. Thanks for joining us at The Siterhood of Crafters. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, thanks for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SDC # 44.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORE this...it's such an unexpected Christmas card! I mean you glance at it and think..."oh how nice...a couple kissing under the mistletoe"...then it hits you, JINGLE BAM!!
    You rock, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool Christmas card! Love those papers =) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters in our Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joing us at Use it Tuesday-Haven

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting card, clever image for the sentiment.Thanks so much for joining in our Christmas Challenge at Paper Sundaes this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it :-) I always luv something different, and this is rather sweet & humourous, which i luv :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun image! Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Creepy? No way! This is AWESOME! What yummy layers. Beautiful work! Thank you for joining us at Use It Tuesday! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your card. you did such a clever theme and it is truly beautifully made.

    susan salyer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Card. I totally LOVE the colour combo. Thanks for playing with us at Stampotique!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card. Thank you for joining us again at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete