Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Butterfly Dreams

     Welcome to the Bombshell Hump Day Hop.  The theme of this hop was to try a new technique.   We are starting this hop off at the Bombshell Stamps Blog.  If you have arrived here from Alaines's Misalaineous Mosaics, you are in the right place.  Haven't you just loved all the new techniques so far?  I am just stunned by all the great techniques on this hop!   There are soooooo many kewl projects.

     OK, so on to my new technique - I searched the interweb and lots of very crafty blogs to come up with a new and uber kewl technique to share with all of you.  I found a ton of great ideas and finally settled on this one, vellum butterflies.  The card sort of reminds me of the song "Butterflies are Free".


    I think the butterflies come out looking like little jewels.  I absolutely love them. I used some alcohol inks I have had around forever and never used before.  I think they'll be getting a lot more use now.  As you can see from my card, I kept it simple to put the focus on these incredible little butterflies from my new Butterfly Dreams stamp set.  Stayed tuned to this same bat channel or should I say butterfly channel  - nah sounds dorky, because on Friday, I am going to do a tutorial on making these little beauties and you'll be able to find it here and on the Bombshell Stamps Blog   Or right here on this blog

     Now it's time for the next wonderful blog Meredith's Paper Canteen where you will be able to feast your eyes on another brilliant project.  Happy Hopping!

This card has been entered in the following challenges:

Oh-la-la Here
Make It Monday Here
Simon Says Here
Everybody Art Challenge Here
Creative Inspirations Here
Flutterby Wednesday Here
Charisma Cardz Here
Stampin' for the Weekend Here
2 Sisters Challenge Here
My Sheri Crafts Here
Crafty Ann's Here

Bombshell Stamps Butterfly Dreams
Colorbox Gold Pigment Ink
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder
Alcohol Inks
Gold Stickles
Glossy Accents
Wire
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Gold Wrapping Paper

38 comments:

  1. Thats looks really pretty Mary Anne! I shuld dust off my vellum I think.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning those butterflies are just amazing. Saw you over at Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but beautiful I adore butterflies
    a gorgeous card

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Mary Anne, I love butterflies and these are just gorgeous, fabulous technique.



    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow those butterflys look gorgeous next to the white embossing, stunning card. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this time and good luck in the draw!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. those butterflies are just gorgeous. Thank you for joining us in our seeing double challenge at Ooh La La this week
    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary this is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!! Love those butterflies and can't wait to see the tecnhique step by step!!

    GORGEOUS!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Anne...your card is lovely. I love your white embossed background and then the placement of your beautiful butterflies on top of it. It really makes them stand out even more. They are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super lovely - the butterflies are gorgeous and I love them on that white embossed backing :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love the sparkles on their wings.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firstly...LOVE the new blog design. The falling hearts are very classy. Now on to your FaBuLoUs flutterbys. The vellum gives them such translucency...so delicate, so delightful!

    <3
    Torrey

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's absolutely gorgeous.

    The vellum butterflies are so gorgeously lifelike.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, gorgeous vellum butterflies. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. Your butterflies are stunning. Can't wait for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is incredibly beautiful! I am absolutely going to need to try this out for myself! Absolutely lovely. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great card, thanks for sharing with us this week at Charisma.

    hugs Clare

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!!! This is GORGEOUS - Truly amazing! The butterflies are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, those are simply gorgeous. Can't wait for your tute on how you made them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh they do look like Jewels. LOVE IT! Terry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mary, this is a gorgeous card! Those butterflies are amazing! Love your technique! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't think I can wait until FRIDAY!!!! Ahhhhhh! Those butterflies are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm in love with the stickles on the butterflies. Now I really want that set too! It's so hard to choose sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful card, beautiful butterflies! Luv the colors of butterflies! :-) Looing forward to your tutorial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a lovely project, the butterflies are adorable! Thank you so much for sharing with us at SFTW and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW! Your butterflies are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning! Can't wait for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty work. Love the colorful butterflies and the glitters.

    cosmetyn

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely stunning - I'll look forward to seeing the tutorial. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely gorgeous! I haven't tried using vellum yet - new to cardmaking and out of budget for this month, and I think this is still out of my league, but sure is something I hope to be able to do too one day! It's so pretty, delicate and calming too.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow beautiful card, those butterflies are stunning. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all those butterflies. Thanks for popping into OLL and sharing it with us. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous butterflies! Love the embossed background too! Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at My sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  35. Perfect card and thanks for sharing. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete