Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Faster on a Harley

    For you bike owners or just backseat passengers.  You know what I mean when I say life is better on a Harley.  Today on the Bombshell stamps blog its time to post the January Sketch and this month I went to town with my Harley Bikes stamps set.  Here's a copy of the sketch if you want to play along

Here's my take on the sketch.  I used a sentiment stamp from the Harley Bike set to create my background paper.  Then I ran it through my cuttlebug using the gears folder.  After that I distressed it with black ink so that I could get that messy, manly, garage feel.   The bike was stamped and then colored with a Signo silver pen and orange prismas and on top of that I added orange crystal color lacquer.  Of course, as you can tell, I didn't stop until I had distressed that too.
I ran orange card stock through another cuttlebug folder, diamond plate, then distressed that for the front piece and the background stripes.  The motor heads are from the same stamp set.  I stamped them, colored them with that same Signo pen and then glued them to some black card stock and cut around them.  It really gave them just a little added depth that they were missing. (Of course, they are also mounted on foam tape)
The little orange, black and white ribbon behind them came from a 2 inch Halloween ribbon, I just cut off the part I wanted.  It was just right for this card after that.  The philips head screw brads have been in my stash since forever.  I bought them years ago from Oriental Trading expecting them to come in handy someday.  Guess they finally did.  The Silver lining around the edges of the card are just silver paint pen. I couldn't find my silver paper. 

Don't you love the sentiment?  Same stamp set, Harley Bikes, I got a lot of mileage out of this stamp set for this card.   Johnny Luv is a safe biker so I have never gotten to go as fast as I would like on our bike. Probably best that way, don't you think? 

If you would like to play along, just use the sketch as your starting point.  You can flip it and tip it to suit you.  Then add it Here for a chance to win a Bombshell Stamp Set.

This card is also entered in the For Fun Challenge Here
The Simon Says Challenge (stripes) Here
Pile It On Here
Crafty Card makers Here
Anything Goes Here
Truly Mad Crafters Here

Black and Orange Card Stock
Brads - Oriental Trading
Stazon Black Ink, Tim Holtz Soot Distress Ink
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders - Gears and Diamond Plate
Signo Silver pen
Silver Paint Pen

18 comments:

  1. This is SMASHINGLY fabulous Mary!! Such awesome texture and crisp color! GORGEOUS!

    Xo!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulously manly card! AMAZING job--love all the textures! :) REALLY love the brads you've used! :) Thanks for joining us this week at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing brads don't expire!!
    You did a wonderful job on this card and getting the whole biker vibe perfectly on this card.

    Thanks for playing "Anything Goes" with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope you will come back Wednesday when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of that sketch. Being from the milwaukee area kinda have a thing for Harleys. lol Great card! Thanks for playing along on fOr fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is fabulous, great image and sentiment. I love the grungy metal look you've created and the brads you've used are perfect, a great biker/male card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there what a super card, great for a guy, very bold and dynamic design. Thank you so ,much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this card! I have to make sure I show my boyfriend this. He can't wait to get his first Harley and thinks everything I do has to be girly! Great job on giving it that dirty garage feel! I love it!
    Thanks for Sharing at For Fun Challenges!
    ~Liz (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant image - and the sentiment is fab!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love the grunge feel to it! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Awesome card! What a great image!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fabulous - such a stunning image!!!
    I love all your details and sensational colour scheme.

    So happy you could join us the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    love
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is FABULOUS!!!!
    Thank You for joining us at PIO! Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous man's card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great male card, love this, thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes challenge, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this card, Mary! Might be a bit masculine, but it I'm sure anybody would love to receive it ;D I am really diggin' all that crazy cool texture. By the way, those falling hearts are delightful!!! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete