Blogger Layouts

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sassy Sayonara

    I just love this sassy little geisha from Bombshell Stamps.  She is one of their digi stamps.  Now, you all know that digis are not necessarily one of my favorite things.  I'm an old fashioned rubber stamp kind of girl, but, this digi is just irresistible.
      This card was created from my stash.  Even the image was previously colored.  I tend to have tons of Asian themed things in my stash. I have always been fascinated by Japan and my oldest daughter even has a geisha themed entertainment business. She also collects kimono and had has had pieces of her collection featured in art gallaries.  (OK, can you tell that I'm a proud, biased mama?)

     For this card I used a sketch from CCEE Stampers Blog.  I always enjoy entering challenges and for the next two months, I am going to be going gangbusters for challenges.  The Bombshell Design Team has a internal challenge to see who can enter the most challenges and I happen to be just a little bit (a lot) competitive. 

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Two Sisters Challenge Here
One Stitch at a Time Here
Stamptacular Sunday's Here
Crazy Challenge Here
Crafty Card Makers Here
Anything Goes Challenge Here
Truly Scrumptious Here
Papercrafting Journey Here
Card Making Mamas Here
Truly Mad Crafters Here
Stampin' for the Weekend Here

Washi Paper - Stone House Stamps
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Spellbinders - Nestability Circles
Copic Markers


14 comments:

  1. A lovely little image and a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful and those colours are wonderful together! Thx for joining us at Make It Monday!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool card....and I always love a Bombshell. Thanks for playing along @ Paper Crafting Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that image, great card, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty! The image is so cute and I love your coloured embossing. Thanks for joining us this week at 2 Sisters Challenge blog
    Hugs
    - Maria
    http://ms-chabi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow she's very sassy, I love your use of Washi paper and the blossom embossing is perfect.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Totally fabulous card. Great coloring, paper choices, and design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used, and the image is beautiful. Thank you for joining us over at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is one gorgeous card,bless you for playing at anything goes,this week Hugs Cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super "sassy" card - cute x
    Thanks for playing along at paper crafting journey & Stampin' for the weekend this fortnight & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous image and gorgeous colors! Thanks for playing with CCM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Lovely image. Pretty color combo.

    acfi training

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing with us in the 2 Sisters Challenge!
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete