Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 2, 2012

Snuggle Stuffies

     My Favorite Things is having a contest for paper piecing and I was inspired to turn my little snuggle bunnies into stuffed animals, kind of a calico rabbit thing. You know these are some of my fav images since my Johnny Luv is also known as SnuggleBunny.  I'm sure he doesn't mind the entire world knowing that. lol.

     I decided since I was going to have calico bunnies why not give the card a sewing/quilt theme.  I had a DCWV pad that had tons of calico and quilt prints and I loaded up on the faux stitching. Someday I will set up my sewing machine and try real stitching for a change.  I happened to have some new cream colored buttons that have slots instead of holes and some old lace that fit through the slots just right so those were added in also.  As you can see I went to town with the pinking shears as well.  When I find a theme I tend to over do a little, quilts, calico, stitching, pinking, buttons, etc...  But, think my fav bit is their cute little cotton ball tails or maybe the rolled rose?  I have really fallen in love with these roses and have the MFT rolled rose die in three sizes and the daisy too.
I also used a sketch from My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketches #MFTWSC52.  This is there last sketch for 2011.  I saved all their sketches from last year.  They have some great ones and they have them all listed on the SCS forum.

BTW, I am not working for My Favorite Things, they just happen to have lots of things I like.  Just thought you should know.  I also like Crisco and can't cook with out that and don't work for them either nor do I work for Hersey but I will eat the heck out of their Chocolate Almond Bars, another of the best things in my world, well aside from Johnny Luv and the Kiddos.  OK enough rambling,  I off to take one of the kiddos to the eye dr.

This card is entered into
My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club Challenge
Party Time Tuesday Here
Everybody Art Challenge Here
Creative Inspiration Wednesday Challenge Here
City Crafter Challenge Here


My Favorite Things - Snuggle Bunny Stamp Set
My Favorite Things - Rolled Rose Die Large
Buttons - Oriental Trading
Design Paper DCWV
Stazon Black Ink and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Cotton Balls from First aide kit (really)
Lace - Stash
Black marker
White Signo Pen
3 M Foam Tape
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Fiskars Pinking Shears

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous ... love all the papers making a quilt and love your bunnies ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB ... happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and those images. I have something simular but who knows where with the move LOL great card, I love it. I think it needs a home :) hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Cute CUTE! I admire your patience with the faux stitching. I think I would prefer the machine, lol. I do like the quilted theme. It feels cozy. Hugs, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. luv the all edges & your stitches! :-) Such a cute stamp, too, and matching background DP! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this is so cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling!! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable...what better snuggle with your bunny than in a quilt! Great card design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. too cute!I`ve never tried paper piecing! got try it one of these days!HUGS!

    karen a

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my,,,,this is as cute as can be Mary! Love the fancy edging and the nice touch of sewing!

    ReplyDelete