Blogger Layouts

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vintage Wedding Tag

      This month at Bombshell Stamps our wonderful Guest Team Designer, Ms. January, Laura, challenged us to create a tag using our Bombshell Stamps.  Well I decided that since I have two nieces getting married this year that I would get ahead of myself and make a wedding tag.   I wanted it to be elegant and have a vintage feel so I went with cream and sepia for my color palette.
     The butterflies are actually my brand spanking new Bombshell set called Butterfly Dreams.  I stamped the butterflies in sepia and then added Tattered Angels Pearl shimmer mist to them and pearls for their bodies.  I purchased the edging and fringe just for this tag.  I thought it would make it look sort of like an old fashioned beaded purse.  I added a vine die cut that I received from a paper craft friend for Christmas.  Pearls that I have had in my stash forever and are one of my favorite embellishments were added to each vine joining and curlicue before I added it to my tag.  My tag was hand cut from cream card stock and then embossed and hit with the shimmer mist too.  The Roses were made by first embossing cream card stock with a dotted Swiss embossing folder and then cut out with My Favorite Things rolled rose dies.  I added shimmer mist to those too and pearl centers.  I couldn't decide what to do about the leaves at first.  I tried card stock punched leaves and didn't like them or ribbons.  I was rooting around in my cream/white box and found these old leaf dress pins so I cut them down and added them.  I think they worked out really nicely.

     The tie for the tag is a piece of old lace from my stash and I added a tiny organza bow with another pearl to finish.

     So one of my nieces now has a tag for a gift that I don't have yet.  I guess I'll have to make a matching card for her or maybe a guest book or maybe both.  I do know that she has asked for help with wedding invites.

This tag is entered in
Crazy Challenge Here
Make It Monday Here
Lexis Challenge Here
Oh La La Creations Challenge Here
Pollycraft Monday Challenge Here
Simon Says Challenge Here
Paper Take Weekly Challenge Here
Anything Goes Challenge Blog Here
Scrap Creations Here
Flutterby Wednesday Here
Truly Scrumptious Here
Whimisie Doodles Here
My Time To Craft Here
Paper Crafting Journey Here
Paper Play Here
Challenge Up Your Life Here
Sugar Creek Hollow Here
Stamptacular Sunday Here
Truly Mad Crafters Here




Bombshell Stamps Butterfly Dreams
Cream Card stock - Making Memories
Provocraft Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Dotted Swiss
My Favorite Things - Rolled Rose Dies
Tattered Angels - Pearl Glimmer Mist
Dritz Leaf Pins
Pearls - Queen & Co.
Lace - Stash
Ribbon - Offray
Ink - Archival Sepia
Cheery Lynn - Vine Die

Fringe - Jo-Ann's Bridal Dept.

30 comments:

  1. My goodness girl, what talent you have!! WOW!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful tag! I love that it's so shimmery.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowza, Mary! This is over-the-top elegant and chic! What an amazing take on the challenge! Your niece is going to flip. The tag IS the gift, if you ask me :) Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!!! I love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your life.
    Cathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely gorgeous, wow, that is breathtaking, tank you for sharing with us . hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!! Great job. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lucky is she to have someone so special make her such a keepsake. I adore this, it is simply stunning. Love the roses and that fringe!! Thanks for sharing at Sugar Creek Hollow this week.

    Patti SCH/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab, saw it on MIM xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag! I love the cream and white tones together. They are so elegant! Love your embossed background. Then adding the little flowers, butterflies and lace is perfection! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and oh so very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning! what bride wouldnt love this and keep it forever!!!
    thanks so much for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week (-:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at OLLCB x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, elegant tag. Thanks for playing along at Lexi's this time and good luck.
    Jo x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, oh, oh, so beautiful!!! What a truly gorgeous tag this is. Love those hanging beads....wow!


    Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! Your niece is going to love it!

    Thanks for playing with us this week at Pollycraft Monday!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely tag
    Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations this fortnight
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so, so beautiful! I hope it's kept long after the gift is unwrapped!
    Thanks for joining our New Beginnings challenge at Ooh La La!
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!!! Vintage perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tags. Love the vintage feel. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Play.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for joining us at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really pretty tag! Thanks for playing along at with the PCJ Challenge!

    Lisa xox

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful tag thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous tag, so vintage and pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning ribbon - love your tag. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful Valentine! Thanks for playing along with the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, what a gorgeous tag. Love the lace you added. Thanks for joining us at Whimsie Doodles this month!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty tag!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Crafting Journey,
    Love, Laura PCJDT

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! Love the fringe & the butterflies & flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along in the Whimsie Doodle Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful tag, lovely butterflies! Thank you for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete