Blogger Layouts

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kick Up Your Heels

     Hi,  I wanted to share a card I made for my brother of choice who is a doctor, rancher, cowboy, and all around sweet heart.  Our family adopted him years ago because he is just to good to let get away.  The kids call him Uncle Cowboy Dr. Justin.


    I didn't get a shot of the inside of this card but it is decorated with the same papers from the outside and has a heart inside with a computer generated sentiment "Don't Horse Around - Be My Valentine".

    This also happens to be the week we post the Bombshell Sketch Challenge over on the Bombshell Blog.  So to kill to birds with one stone, I used the Bombshell Sketch for this card.  I used my brand spanking new  Bombshell "Bucking Bronco" stamp set for this card.  I just love this set, anything western and/or rodeo is a big hit with me and mine.  My dad  was a bull riding, bronc riding, tough son of a gun in his younger days.  He's still tough just doesn't rodeo anymore gave it up when he turned 50 or was that 60.

     Now, if you would all like to play along with this challenge you have the chance of winning your choice of a set of bombshell stamps.  How kewl is that?  Just follow along on the sketch and post to the Mr. linky dealie at the bottom of the blog post Here.

This card has also been entered into the following challenges

Drunken Stampers Here
Paper Take Weekly Here
Crafts & Me Here
Just for Fun Here
The Poodles Parlour Here
All Sorts Here
Crafter's Companion Here

Bombshell Stamps - Bucking Bronco
Design Paper - Flair Designs
Sizzix Embossing Flolder
Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Stazon Black Ink
Prisma Pencils & OMS

8 comments:

  1. Fab card it brings my brother to mind :) just the sort of thing he would have had in his bedroom
    Thank you for sharing with at Just For Fun
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my mouth shut about the image,but your colouring is awesome like usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Anne, I love this, It is wonderful, something my son would love. My son is 6'5 and a cowboy through and through. I love your card. The background and the colors are perfect. thank you for sharing it. hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! It looks like he's leaping right off the card.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card-love the image and all the colour on it

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card with an excellent vintage feel to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a lovely card full of fun and I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a brilliant image that is Mary Anne...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete