Blogger Layouts

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Raining Hearts

     This card was inspired by the raining hearts on my blog.  I just love them.  Thank you Cheryl for sharing them with me, I may keep them forever.  I learned to make this style of shaker card from my friend Eve.  It's so fun since it's like a little book with shaker on the inside.
     
      Here is the outside of the card, which looks like a traditional Valentine card with all my favorite Valentine embellishments.  The top also has a beautiful piece of satin and organdy ribbon to "bind" the shaker book.
     And here is the inside with the shaker.
     I have used one of my hundreds of House Mouse stamps for this card.   These images never fail to make me smile.  I found the heart confetti in my grocery store of all places, who would have thought?  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make a shaker card with it so tucked right into my cart with my other necessities, milk and cookies.

This card is entered in the following challenges
House Mouse Monday Challenge Here
Crafty Catz Here
Stampavie and More Here
Do You Stack Up Here
Hannah and Friends Here
Crafty Ann's Here
Fussy and Fancy Here
Simply Create Too Here
Two Sisters Here
Totally Gorjuss Here
One Stop Craft Challenge Here
Daring Cardmakers Here

House Mouse - Everything Is Coming Up Roses
Prisma Pencils and OMS
K&Co Design Paper & Glitter Heart
Martha Stewart Edge Punch and Heart Doily Punch
Recollections Brad, Bling, Flowers,
Spellbinders Scalloped Heart Die
Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder
German Foil Heart
Dollar Store Heart Doilies cut into Circles and Tiny Heart Stickers

20 comments:

  1. I love your falling hearts too! Your card is so pretty, inside and out and love the hearts in the shaker part too. Mice are colored beautifully. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and Blog Hop.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. I never made a shaker card. Did the cleoma grow this past summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creation and love the colours with that oh so perfect image
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowser. What a cutie! Love that shaker style and I'm definitely begging Eve for instructions!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that's a lot of hearts in there!! Luv that you colored the flower in RED, and the front is gorgeous!! ... and who is getting this card??! Lucky her/him whoever it is! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and lovely decoration outside and inside. Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.

    hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very cool idea to do it like that!! Great card as always! Hugs!

    Karen a

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card. I want to learn how to do this. Hugs katmouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word,this is such and adorable creation , lovely romantic image and beautiful design

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Valentines Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

    Have a lovely day,
    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I'm mesmerised by your falling hearts - wonderful.

    Your card is very pretty - such a wonderful surprise on the inside.

    Thank your for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and the very best of luck. I hope you will be able to come and join in with our challenge next week.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is so wonderful. I love that cute image & that you put it INSIDE your card--clever! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create for our "RED HOT" Challenge #6.

    Diane
    Simply Create Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love shaker cards and yours is just sooo cute. Thanks for joining us for the 2 Sisters I heart you challenge. Hope to see you again next week.

    If you would like to join in on the birthday celebration at my blog come on by.

    http://joynana-lovethatpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfact for the DCM dard,
    thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made a lovely card which fits our challenge well. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous creations. Thank you for joining the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gorgeous! Love how you get the surprise when you open it :) Thank you for sharing and plating with us at Crafty Ann's Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful card inside & out, lovely colours & such a cute image. Thank you for playing along at OSCC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card! Thanks for playing along with the Hearts and Doilies dare on the DCM blog. :)

    ReplyDelete