Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mermaid Bubbles


It's time for the monthly Bombshell Sketch Challenge.  This month I am playing with my new Mermaid Treasures stamp set.  I have been wanting this set a long time and let me tell you.  It is fun, fun, fun to play with.  I have been saving some special Cosmo Cricket paper since last year that I knew I wanted to use on a Bombshell, but I didn't know which one until last night.  I thought it wanted to go with Man's Ruin, but I was wrong.  It just screamed to be used to the Mermaid and when my paper talks to me I listen.  (Just a note - I am not insane - I am a crafter.  We hear our supplies all the time, mostly shouting use me, use me.)

     Don't you just love the bubble frame?  I sure do.  I am sooo going out and finding more clear dew drops.  I think they have them buy the pound at Michael's and I am going to get some more for future frames.  I also like they way they tied in with the bubble paper.  What do you think?  I added a few extra "bubbles" to the background paper too.  They picked up the color of the smaller bubbles underneath.

    If you would like to play along with the rest of the Bombshell Design Team and have a chance to win a stamp set of your choice just pop on over to the Bombshell Blog and link up your take on the sketch.

March'12.jpg
You can flip or rotate the sketch however you would like.
Please use a Bombshell Stamp image
Link up by March 31st to win

7 comments:

  1. What a graceful mermaid! Love your color and all the pretty bubbles and pearls. I hope she can bring cheer to your friend. BTW, my supplies talk to me all the time - the crafter's curse, I suppose.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gracious that is so beautiful. I was just looking at a mermaid digi today and thought I could not do it justice. Then I see yours and know I cannot do the awesome job you did on that card. It is amazing Mary Anne. I love it , hugs Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every detail about this card is absolutely charming. You never cease to amaze me with your talent and keen eye for bling, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! It even matches mermaid eyeshadow! :-) Luv the dew drops frame. Luv the bubble paper you used for this card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! very cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    karen a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card...perfect paper for the BS mermaid & I love the extra bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has to be one of your top 25 best cards!!!

    ReplyDelete