Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oldie But Goodie Blog Hop


     Today is a great day for a Design Diva blog hop.  It starts over at Sue's Blog and what a wonderful journey we have in store for you.   If you have arrived here from Creating with Chrissy you are on the right
track.

      For the OBG hop we are challenged to use something that we haven't used in a least 6 months.  Today I used one of my favorite Bombshell Stamp Sets that was also my first Bombshell Stamps set, Retro Cowgirl.  I also used the Western Gal Set another of my fav Bombshell Stamps.  I cheated just a little and used the opportunity to take the Bombshell March design challenge to use texture in your creation.

     Today I created a little "money bag" made from some linen filled with quarters for my college daughter.  I also made a matching card.  I stamped the image on linen and then embossed the background using a faux leather technique that I will show you how to do later this month.

     Hope you enjoyed your stop here at the Sparkly Train station and now I send you on your way to Vicki's Bountiful Blessings where she has another spiffy project for you.

BTW if you would like to play along with the Bombshell Girls in their monthly challenge just click over to the Bombshell Blog and add your creation to the Mr. Linky.  You could win a free set of Bombshell Stamps if you are the lucky winner.

Bombshell Stamps - Retro Cowgirl and Western Gal
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Linen Fabric
Brads, Corners, Fiberes, Ribbon from Stash
Conchos - Tandy Leather
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo, Corduroy, Walnut
Versa Fine Sepia Ink

12 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try stamping on linen/burlap/etc...and you make me want to try it even more. I can't wait for your tutorial....I really loved learning to make the butterflies...this should be exciting too. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the western look and the idea of stamping on the money pouch is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how cute! love the idea of the money bag...now that's original for sure (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this?!?!? I have so many cowgirl friends who would love it! The leather technique is beautiful! So glad to hop with you today! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary!! This is the coolest EVER!! I love it! Your blog is JUST beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The techniques you used were really cool, the stamping on the linen and the faux leather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luv the faux leather look with the main image! Luv those 4 corners too, as if it's a real wallet! :-) Looking forward to your tutorial :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that really does look like leather, great technique Mary!!
    Beautiful projects!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a real piece of leather for the background. I really like the image stamped on the linen and the little linen loot bag. The buckle is the perfect embellishment!
    I bet your daughter was so tickled to receive it...and not just for the loot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love how you make plain white paper look like hand tooled leather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! what a fun little coin holder for your daughter! super fun idea!!! hehehe

    Sorry it took me so long to hop... :((

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project, Mary Ann! I love doing the faux tooled leather technique. I did a tutorial for Bombshell on it about a year ago- it's so easy, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete