Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Betty Page

     This month's Bombshell Blog hop is a tribute to Betty Page, the most famous pin-up girl of all time. Now, if you have arrived here from Stempelientje's Blog, you are on the right track.  If you have just joined the hop and would like to see the entire tribute start at the Bombshell Blog and work your way through.  I promise, you will be glad you did.

     I went with something not to risque, but you can definitely tell it is Betty - note the famous Betty Bang.  Going through a vast quantity of photos for inspiration, I noticed she seemed to really like leopard prints so I incorporated that and her favored black into my card.



     Can you believe this card started out with lavender and dark purple leopard print paper.  Yep, I wanted leopard print but that was all I had.  I went over the entire sheet with walnut Distress Ink and then used a black marker to fill in all the spots.  Let me tell you, I really didn't enjoy that part, but I am glad it worked.  The black strip behind the focal image is embossed with a leopard print as well.  The image of Betty was created using the Bombshell Angel, I just changed her hair a tad.

      I had created another card for this challenge but it was just too naughty to use here, so I guess you'll just have to wait to see it posted later over on the forum.

     Now, I am going to send you on your way to your final stop on this blog hop, Kat's Tales of Stamping where she has a fab card just waiting for you.

Bombshell Stamps - Bombshell Angel
Memento Ink
Walnut Distress Ink
Black Le Plume Marker
Happy to Scrap Bling
Tulle
3 M foam tape
Cuttlebug Leopard Embossing Folder
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Copics
Spellbinders Nestabilities, Hearts and Scalloped Hearts

10 comments:

  1. Wow. That was a lot of work to change the color of the paper. I guess a leopard CAN change its spots!

    I love the way you altered her hairstyle.

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paper what a perfect card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work on the papers, fabulous card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card. Look forward to seeing the cheekier one ;)

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! That was a lot of work for the paper, but it looks great!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card- loving that b/g paper! Can't wait to see the "naughty" card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I can't believe how much work you put into changing the color of the paper! You did an amazing job! I like how you changed her hair, and her stockings are fab! I cannot wait to see the naughty card! Hurry up and post it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how you layered this! Naughty Card... NAUGHTY CARD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so awesome. I love your animal print. The stockings are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the textures and that bling on it! Great job, this card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete