Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 26, 2012

House Mouse Notecards

     I was recently in a swap for note cards on one of my House Mouse lists.  This was a first for me so, I was kind of excited.  I had a lot of fun with this and made a little folder to hold my cards and even lined the envelopes and embossed the back flap.  The one thing I had trouble with was the size.  I am not used to making a standard 4 1/4" x 5" card.  I usually make larger cards often 5" x 7" or 6" square.

     I used a lovely new House Mouse that was April's mouse of the month stamp.  I just love the pussy willow on this stamp.
       I made 4 cards that were all the same and put them into this pretty little case that ties with a bow.

     The case opens like a book and has a little spine  the back looks like the front minus the pearls.  The little pearls have been in my stash for years and no telling how long the white paper rose was hanging around.  I found this awesome paper in two of my K&Co. pads and they looked great together.  


    
     This is the inside of the folder.  I ran out of the aqua paper and had to add a little something for the inside.  You can see the spine I mentioned before in this photo.    I have two cards and envelopes on each side.  

     I was really proud of how this project came out and think I may be making up some more when I get a chance as gifts for some of my friends.  I know lots of people do not send mail anymore, but maybe this will encourage them.  After all, you know how much we all love getting "happy" mail.  Of course, I'm preaching to the choir here. lol.

This card is entered into the following challenges:

Creative Belli Challenge Here
Paper Play Challenges Here
The Poodle Parlour Here
House Mouse Monday Challenge Here
Craft Us Crazy Here

House Mouse Stamps - Cuddlebug
K&Co. Design Paper
EK Success Border Punch
Happy 2 Scrap Pearls & bling
Dollar Bin Paper Rose
Spellbinder Labels Nestabilities and Corners
Offray Ribbon
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Sakura Glitter Pen


17 comments:

  1. Mary Anne, I love your card(s). you have done a super job of colouring the pussy willows.
    What is your technique?
    Cheers from Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Anne, this is all such a cute idea. You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome!!!!!!! Hugs!

    Karen a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job!
    They're so cute!
    Your friends will love receiving this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot! Good luck at House Mouse & Friends!

      Delete
  5. what a fab project...love the design and the image is adorable
    thanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous creation and adore the use of the new 2012 image so cute and love the colour choice of your creation, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very very pretty. I am sure the meeces that get these in the swap will be tickled! I know I would be! I make bigger cards too, so it strains my brain to make an A2 size card anymore LOL. You should see the size of cards they make overseas...HUGE! Thanks for sharing with us at HM and friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sweet creation what a lovely way to give cards... this image has to go on the never ending wish list..lol great colour combo love the use of die cuts..yes I do like to get happy mail specially these sweet guys..

    thanks for sharing at HM & friends chall this time

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card folder and what beautiful work , great image Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cute and Pretty creation. Thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends challenge, good luck
    Mousey Hugs
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely set of cards! The image is too cute. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice card Mary Ann. as always Katmouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning set - amazing creation.

    Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge on Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can't go wrong with a HM image! So happy you joined us at Creative Belli!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, your project turned out so beautiful, I wouldn't want to give it away. Someone is going to be very pleased with these adorable cards and folder. I love this stamp, so precious. All your details are so nice. Thanks for sharing and joining the challenge this time at House Mouse and Friends Monday. Nice job!!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous, love all the details, thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete