Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Shaking and a Swapping

     Gee Whiz!  I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted.  I will do better, honestly.  I don't know where the time went.  My mil says to the Philippines, who knows maybe she is right.   At any rate, this is a card I made for a swap last month on the House Mouse list I belong to on yahoo.  The theme was a shaker card and since we are having a lovely spring this year, I thought I would make a spring card.



     This is one of my favorite HM stamps. I think I say that about a lot of my HM stamps. lol.   I love the hyacinth caps the mice are wearing and nothing beats the smell of hyacinths in the spring.  Just one will scent an entire room.  For the shakie bits of my shaker card, I used clear microbeads I think they kind of look like rain water.

     I have a hard time anymore making a card without doing something to the inside.  It just doesn't feel finished unless I do.  I really like the way the white showed up against the lavender and I especially like the pansy border.  It's another of my favorite flowers and I have a lovely flower bed full of them right next to a little table that is just right for tea in the backyard.  Then I found some little metal flower brads that I purchased on clearance long ago and just stashed and they were the perfect accent for the white flower border.

     I had a hard time giving up this card since I was having such a good time playing with the shaker.  It sat on my desk for a few days just so I could enjoy the lavender and white color scheme.

    You probably noticed but lavender/purple is not a color I use often.  It's not that I don't like it, but for some reason, I just don't use it much.  I sort all my embellishments by color and the purple box is the absolute smallest of all my boxes.  I even have two boxes of some colors.  I'm a pushover for green for some reason unknown to me.  If I see a green or pink embellishment, it usually ends up in my stash.  You would think it would be red or blue since those are my favorite colors, but nope, that is not the case.

This card is entered in the following challenges
Simon Says Stamps Challenge Here
Lexi's Creation Challenge Here
Crafty Catz Challenge Here
Polly Craft Monday Challenge Here
Going Grey with Scrap Creations Here
Use It Tuesdays Here
Craft Your Passion Here
Little Red Wagon Here
Stampavie and More Here
Crafty Creations Challenge Here
Fab and Funky Challenge Here


HM rubber stamp
Bazzil Cardstock
GP Cardstock
Stazon Ink
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Martha Stewart Around the Page Punch Pansy and Microbeads
Memory Makers Flower Brads

8 comments:

  1. this is sooo sweet!! of coures, I LUV THE COLOR! Lavender/purple! yeah! It's kinda funny you mentioned about your fav. colors & for papers/cards. I don't have any purple color to WEAR. My closet is full of RED, BLACK, Pink & white. No green nor blue, and definitely No Purple but I luv that color on my cards, and I always end up Stashing anything with the color for my future use! :-) Karen is lucky to have this card!! Luv it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a beautiful intricate card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo pretty and feminine, fabulous showcasing of those adorable house mouse characters! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'die cuts and punches' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card,the edging is so pretty and such a lovely finishing touch, thanks for joining us at Pollycraft. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous card, and fabulous idea of using microbeads inside the shaker. Perfect for our April Showers theme this week at Going Grey with Scrap Creations. Hugs Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card.Beautiful colours.Love the delicate lacy effect of the punch.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Mary Anne! I'm so glad you shared it with us by submitting it to the "Punches and Die Cuts" challenge at Lexi's Creations. I hope you'll play along next time in our new challenge, too.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful!
    So beautiful colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete