Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Time Nap

     Spring, is one of my favorite seasons.  I love to watch the color return to the world, all the beautiful pastels of spring flowers.  I love the rainbow of tulips in my front yard and the tiny crocus' peeping out to say hello.  I love the hundreds of shades of green that feel like they have never before been seen.  I love the way people start to walk a little slower and smaller a lot more.   Fifteen years ago this month, I was trapped in a hospital bed and couldn't be outside.  I had to watch spring come and go without me through the window.  Of course, it was worth it, I gave birth to an incredibly talented and joyfully spirited son.  However, ever since that spring, I have had a special appreciation for the season and adore being outside, and playing in the dirt and grubbing amongst the flowers.

   This month on my House Mouse group on Paper Craft Planet we had a tag swap and the theme was spring.  We needed to created a shaped tag that used pastels, flowers, and a sentiment that using a spring theme.
This is my entry into the swap.
     This is the front of the tag, the tulip is done in three layers and I added quite a bit of Stickles Ice to the flower and Green Stickles to the stem.  This really, really, sparkles.  It seemed unfinished to me and I felt it needed just a little something else.  Whenever I feel like that, the first thing I try is bow followed by bling.  This time the bow satisfied that feeling.  I just love this little mouse stamp and have had it for about a year although this is the first time I have used it.  I think it may become a favorite.
     This is the back of the tag.  It is actually a second shaped piece glued to the front.   I knew that I wanted to emboss the back but wasn't certain I liked this embossing plate until I started adding things, flowers, leaves, bling and butterflies.  I added some more Stickles as a border around my computer generated sentiment and my butterfly.

   I just noticed that the two sides of the tag look like different colors but they are both the same yellow card stock, which I purchased on clearance from Tuesday Mornings about two years ago.  The front of the tag is especially pretty with the yellow card stock peeking through the tulip.  I like the way the yellow looked after I colored it much better than my usual white.  It was much softer and just felt right.

This tag is entered into the following challenge:

Paper Play Challenge Here
Wags and Whiskers Here
Card Crafters Circle Here
Totally Gorjuss Here
Paper Sundaes Here
Craft Your Passion Here
Crafty Creations Here

House Mouse Rubber Stamp
Memory Makers Cardstock
Prim Flowers
Darice Bling
Stickles
Darice Embossing Plate
Offray Ribbon
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Studio G Button

10 comments:

  1. Too cute for words! Beautiful design and sentiment and of course dear little HM makes it perfect.
    Sue S.
    (still trying to type with one hand! what a pain.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Mary Anne, but you stole my butterfly, give it back. LOL hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just delightful. The mousie is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that is precious Mary Anne. I love the butterfly!! :) Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HUGS!

    karen a

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful coloring on the front! luv the shape too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, love the butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw this is so cute, love the shape and design, thanks for sharing with us at Paper play, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty tag! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations Challenges.

    ReplyDelete