Blogger Layouts

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dressed for Success

     Here's a little ATC I made for a recent swap.  The theme was "Dressed for Success".

I loved the theme and had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do.  OK, not true at first, I thought something with sewing, but then decided that didn't quite cover the success part.  I then thought I would like something with a classy dressed woman or outfit but didn't have anything so I checked out my local Michael's and found these two Hero Arts stamps.  They were perfect.

There is a lot of detail on this little ATC.  I started with some design paper added some gold embossed flourishes and disressing.  Next up I distressed some paper lace and then attached it o the background and added liquid pearls across the middle.  The central image was stamped then cut out then distressed then painted with TH crackle paint twice.  The secondary image was stamped in the same Victorian Velvet ink as the main image then distressed then sprayed with pearl tattered angels. both images were popped then as a finishing touch I outlined the entire card with gold paint pen and added some gold pearls to the corners.

I don't know why it is but the smaller the project for some reason, the more detail it seems to get.

This ATC has been entered into the following challenges

Paper Crafting Journey Here
Craft Your Passion Here
Paper Take Weekly Here
Kaboodle Doodle Here
Card Crafters Circle Here
The Corrosive Challenge Here

Stamps - Hereo Arts and Inkadinkado Flourish
Paper Lace - Dollar Store
Pearls - Recollections
Liquid Pearls
TH distress ink - Victorian Velvet, Old Paper, Vintage Photo
TH Rock Candy Crackle Paint
Gold Paint Pen
PK Glitz Embossing Powder
Color Box Gold Pigment Ink

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing in our pearls and lace challenge this week at Card Crafter’s Circle, I love the vintage style of this card and I love these pretty little pearls you added over your lace. Your crackle paint ladies are fabulous!!!!
    Hugs
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/
    Card Crafter’s Circle Design Team
    P.S. What is a fou-fous? I like to keep up with the lingo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with Paper Crafting Journey Vintage!

    Love, Laura PCJDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the unique vintage feel you've given this card! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly with this beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Mary!! The detail is amazing and those images are FANTASTIC!!

    LOVE LOVE!!

    Crafty Hugs my friend!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful project! I have yet to try an atc! Hugs!

    Karen a

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete