Blogger Layouts

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Not Just Any Paper Sack

     I am so tickled to share this latest card with you all.  I made it for a swap on my HM list.  The swap was to use a paper grocery sack for the main paper on your card.  I actually used only paper from the grocery sack to make this card; there is not a lick of card stock or design paper on it anywhere.  It took two paper sacks and a couple of embellishments from my stash but that's it.

          I colored my image (one of the House Mouse of the month images that Johnny Luv bought me)  using Prisma pencils and oderless mineral  spirits.  Coloring on this paper was different from any paper I have colored on before.  The color lay down on the paper oddly and blended a bit differently, but after I got the hang of it.  I think it came out pretty well. I had so much fun with this card.  That I made a second card that will show up here in a couple of days. I think I may make an entire series of paper sack cards.

     For this card, I added dry embossed layers to the inside as well as the outside and found that I didn't miss the card stock at all; in fact, I think the card came out very sturdy.  The embellishments are out of my yellow stash box, an old silk flower and a bit of yellow fibers to complent the yellow flower in the image.

This card has been entered into the Make It Monday challenge at the Craft Journal

Stampabilities - House Mouse - Nature's Energy Drink
Dierbergs grocery bags
Embellishments from stash
Provocraft Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Embossing Folders
Spellbinders Nestabilities Rectangle and Scalloped Rectangle
Prisma Pencils and OMS
.

8 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Love this card. I wondered how to do the paper bag thingy. Now I know. I will surely join in the next swap!
    Sending lots of hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary Anne - Clean and simple and absolutely delightful. This is brilliant, a mini work of art. Do you get the idea that I luv it?
    Sue S.
    wishing I could participate more, maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow maryanne ,you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that paperbag swap was alot of fun! how many layers to get it sturdy?? hugs!

    karen a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Anne, you have done it again. Made an absolutley stunning card.You are such a talanted lady and so glad I can call you friend hugs katmouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary...you KNOW I have a love affair with Kraft paper. And that's all a grocery sack is. SUPER DUPER card, love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is great! I love HM images and yours is colored beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your kraft coloring! I'm so glad you were able to join us at the kraft journal~
    HUgs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete