Blogger Layouts

Monday, May 14, 2012

Wild Wedding

     A friend of mine asked me to design her wedding invitation and response cards.  She wanted hot pink with black and white zebra stripes.  She left the design up to me.  Now, let me tell you.  These colors are TOTALLY out of my comfort zone.  I didn't think there was any way I was going to come up with an invitation that looked remotely classy with those colors.  Well I did it.  I managed to make an invitation that she was pleased with and that I was happy with as well.
     I ended up with the hot pink being a the outside border of the invitation with a flocked zebra print paper bordering the hot pink center.  Over the center I placed a vellum sheet with black printing.  It was translucent enough to allow the pink to show through but not overwhelm.  Lastly, I found some spiffy zebra ribbon that I tided through the center panel before I assembled the invitation.  That way you cannot see the ribbon in back of the invitation.

   After figuring out the invitation, the response card was a breeze and I even decided to make little place cards for her and a favor box. I added a little tag using my oval and scalloped oval nesties.  Now, the photo is a little off but the scalloped oval is the same pink as the ribbon the inner oval is black and the center oval has the couples initial stamped with my Justrite stampers. I also added a little pink heart grommet to run the ribbon through - I just couldn't resist once I found them.
     Here's a glimpse of the finished set including the save the date card,  invitation, response card, place card, and favor box.
     I was very pleased with the results and even better so was my friend.  She was over the top happy with them.

This has been entered in the Simon Says Challenge here


4 comments:

  1. I can sure understand why your friend was over the top happy with them! It all looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding ensemble of invitations and favors is really cute! I love the pink and zebra stripe thing you've got going on there! Looks fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you,
    However I am encountering issues with your RSS.
    I don't know the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody getting identical
    RSS issues? Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

    Here is my web page; Wordpress template Customization Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many companies today offer keyless entry devices on your home,
    means to monitor your house from your smartphone and even video monitoring equipment so you could watch your house.
    This is a solid camera with all the options you will need, but some users have complained about the included software and on rare occasion the quality of the images produced.
    There are no codes to remember and the tag can even be set to work at specific times only.


    My webpage ... how to feel safe

    ReplyDelete