Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Burning Bike

     I am revving up to bring you a hot card for the Bombshell monthly sketch challenge.

Here is the sketch

And here are the rules

• Feel free to flip it, flop it, and make it your own.
• Use Bombshell Stamps!
• Upload your take on the sketch to the Bombshell Blog here by June 30th for a chance to win a fabulous prize.
• Upload your take on the sketch to the Bombshell Forum here and double your chances to win!!!
• Have fun!!!

Bombshell-$20.jpg

Now, without further adieu, here is my take on this month's sketch























     This is the first time I have tried coloring flames.  I think they came out kinda spiffy.  Unfortunately, you cannot see the sparkle in the flames that were colored with a  Sakura glitter pen to enhance them 
The background on the oval is the Cuttlebug gears folder. The oval was distressed with black and then silver over the gears with silver ink.  I really like the way the diamond plate came out behind my bike.  I used another Cuttlebug folder on silver wrapping paper glued to cardstock and then added some silver brads for rivets.  The stamp is my new Bombshell set, Piston Rebel.  I have been hankering after it for a while and finally went for it.

     This card is destined for my new soldier stationed in Afghanistan.  I have a box all ready to ship out filled with nummy treats and a second box with odds and ends that come in handy.  I'm thinking this card is masculine enough for him and not to frou-frou. 

Bombshell Stamps - Burning Pistons
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders - Gears and Diamond Plate
Brads from my stash
Versafine Ink
Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Soot
Brilliance Ink - Platinum

3 comments:

  1. awesome card friend. I think any guy would enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoooo AWESOME! The flames are great,you did a great job on colouring! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this stamp and you card is very fun! Any biker (like all my brothers) would love this card!

    ReplyDelete