Blogger Layouts

Friday, June 1, 2012

A Polite Exchange

     On My Crafter's Tea Party group we are exchanging samples of tea along with a tea themed card.  I received a darling card which came with a little sachet containing two teabags.  The sachet was so sweet that I decided to case it for my own teabags.

     This is the first tea themed card I have made in ages and as one of my friends knows, I have a semi-large collection of tea stamps that continues to grow as I find new tea stamps to add to the collection.  I have had the stamp I used on my card for several years, but this is the first time it has seen ink.


     My card ended up with lots of layers.  Somehow, I can never just add one layer, I have to keep adding and adding.  It makes my cards a little more expensive to post but, I figure what I save on purchasing the card, I make up for in sending them.  Actually, I probably come out ahead in the end.

     I used some of my favorite Graphic 45 papers for this card.  I just love their papers and am planning on some really kewl altered projects for the house using them.  I have a special plan for something I found at a thrift store but I need time to work on it and I'm waiting for Graphic 45's latest paper before I begin.

    OK back to this post, I finished the inside of this card as well as the outside.  I used my new nestabilities teacups and stamped a sentiment on that.
         For my tea sachet I used more Graphic 45 paper from my scrap bin and some pretty salmon colored tea roses that I had bought at our local Hobby Lobby.  I chose a nice English Breakfast Tea for my swap and tucked it inside the interior pockets.  Next time, I think I will place my pockets a little closer to the bottom of the sachet.
     Here's a final picture of the two pieces together
Stamps Main Image - 100 Proof Press
             English Brew - Stampington & Co.
           Sentiment - Ann-ticipations
Stazon Ink
Recollections Adhesie Pearls and Paper Roses
Making Memories Flower Brads
Dollar Store Paper Lace
Nestabilities, Lattice Accents, Persian Motifs, Octagons, and Teacups
Prisma Pencils and OMS
Tea Charms from Stash

4 comments:

  1. My gosh that is elaborate! Just precious and the receiver will be so blessed! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is beautiful..hugs Anita..xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most beautiful card, my friend!
    congratulations!
    Cheers
    Donna

    ReplyDelete