Blogger Layouts

Monday, June 4, 2012

Skull Appreciation Day

Today is national Skull Appreciation Day and so Bombshell Stamps is joining up with Smeared and Smudged Images for a blog hop.  For this special day I created a special card using my all time favorite skull image, Mi Amor.  For this classy lady I chose some classy papers from DCWV's Luxury Papers Pad.

     The camera doesn't really show it but these papers are all pearlized.  They just shimmer beautifully.  I embossed my image than paper pieced her with some lovely dark purple and added some Tattered Angels Pearl Shimmer to her face.

     I really like this image and love using her in cards.  The only problem is she doesn't appeal to a lot of people so I never know who to send them to.  Ah well, the joy really is in the creation of this card.

     Now if you would like to join up with the Skull appreciation day blog hop just pop on over to the Bombshell Blog and go for it.

Bombshell Stamps - Mi Amore stamp set
Tim Holtz Soot Ink
Versamark Ink
Stampendous Clear Embossing Powder
Recollections Bling
Dewdrops from stash
Cheery Lynn vine die cut
Spellbinders - Oval Nestabilities
Martha Stewart Border Punch
DCWV Luxury Pad Papers
Generic Gel Pen
Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist

4 comments:

  1. Cool, I love this image and you've used her well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card,love the colours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a dynamic card! Absolutely Stunning! I love the colors you've used and the design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, so dark and dramatic! Love the layout of it too.

    ReplyDelete