Blogger Layouts

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Blueberry Tarts

     Here's a little card that started on a long drive to Texas.  Last year, my second daughter, who is studying equine sciences in college, had a internship at a prestigious barn in Texas.  It was and is a long, long, drive.  During that drive, I colored a folder full of different images including this darling little mouse.  In fact, I colored several the same so that I could layer them.  I looooove to layer my cards, something about fussy cutting just soothes the soul.  OK, probably TMI, but after all this is a blog so I get to add random useless information.


     This little mouse reminds me of tea parties and wonderful little fruit tarts.  It also reminds me of summertime, I once went to Michigan and picked blue berries with friends during a 4-H summer excursion.  Imagine my surprise when I found out blue berries did not grow on trees like cherries.  It was actually the first time I had even tasted blue berries - yum, hooked for life.  OK so I digressed again.

     I found these wonderful blue design papers in my stash - who knew?  They worked perfectly with the colors of the blue berries and I think white and blue have to be one of my all time color combination fav's.  I also happen to love, as in these are my two most favoritest embossing folders - the Dotted Swiss and Swirls folders from Provocraft for Cuttlebug (another favorite tool).

     Wow, today was full of lots of random favoritness.  So, they may be a quiz later - just kidding.  Thanks for hanging in there this long.

      Oh by the way, this card  was created fir  the House Mouse Monday Challenge Here  

Stampabilities House Mouse Blueberry Bliss
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders Dotted Swiss and Divine Swirls
DP from DCWV paper pad 
Happy 2 Scrap Bling
Prisma Pencils with OMS
Stazon Ink
3M Foam Tape


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the embossing! Good luck with the HMFMC123**
    Happy crafting Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Anne awww sweet cute little mouse tucking into his blueberry tart..gorgeous design love the gingham DP fab take on the Fruity chall theme.

    thanks for sharing at HM & friends chall this time.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is adorable! Great coloring. I love the blue gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the contrast between the white and blue a beautiful card, thank you for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have 1000 follower candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary Anne, I love this little stamp, that mouse is just so cute. The embossing and gigham are perfect go togethers with it too. Colored to perfection. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, and I like the gingham background that you chose to go with your cute image...(I'm a big gingham fan, can you tell? smile)

    ReplyDelete