Blogger Layouts

Friday, July 20, 2012

Koi Pond

      I think that koi are once of the most fascinating and beautiful things to watch.  We have a magnificent school of them at the Missouri Botanical Garden.  I purchased this stamp several years ago because they reminded me so much of the Garden Koi.

          The image was colored with Prisma pencils and OMS.  I matted it with a nuetral washi paper from my collection of Japanese papers.  On the bottome right is a wax seal with the imprint of the kangi for happiness.  It's rather hard to see in the photo.

Peddlars Pack - Koi Stamp
Stone Horse Stamps - Washi Paper
Gartner Gold Sealing Wax
Kangi Stamp - Kodomo
Prisma Pencils and OMS

1 comment:

  1. Stunning Koi creation ..love this image so beautifly coloured & designed..we have a large koi pond in the garden & they are so graceful & elegant when swimming..lovely work.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete