Blogger Layouts

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Queen of Heaven

I am just tickled pink with this next very blue card.  I used my new Blessed Virgin Mary stamp from Our Daily Bread to create this next card.

I think the image of the Virgin looks as if she were made of stars.  I am so pleased this card came out as I had imagined it would.  So often, when I create a card it doesn't look like my original intention, it takes on a life of it's own and I end up somewhere pleasant but unanticipated.  I am off on another tangent, sorry.   

The challenge for this weeks Our Daily Bread Challenge was sunshine or clouds.  I went with the night sky, with all the star of heaven.  To create this card, I embossed the image in white then brayered the sky with 2 shades of blue and 2 shades of purple. Then I brayered two more panels for my different layers.  I added silver matting by using wrapping paper.  (By the way, this is one of my favorite money saving tips - at Christmas buy gold and silver wrapping paper to use instead of paying a dollar a piece for gold and silver paper.)  Next I punched out my stars using two different border punches.  I glued each individual star where I wanted them then layered my panels using foam tape.  Lastly, I added mother of pearl star shaped bling in among the paper stars.

This card is entered into the Our Daily Bread Shining Light Challenge Here

Our Daily Bread Designs - Blessed Virgin Mary Set
Adirondack - Sailboat, Denim, Purple Twilight, and Eggplant Dye Inks
Moonlight Brilliance Ink
Stampendous White Embossing Powder
Silver Wrapping Paper
Recollections Star Bling
EK success star border punch
American Girls star border punch
3 M foam Stap

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card amazing image well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love the way you brayered the sky, and the embossing and stars are really gorgeous on it, as is the silver paper. I guess I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete