Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sailing Away

    Today it's time to show off our Bombshell July Sketch cards.  Here is this month's sketch.


  Now, I really like this month's sketch and I thought I knew what I wanted to do with it, but when I pulled out my stamp set,  it just didn't jell.  Obviously, the card wanted to be made using the Homeward Bound stamp set.  Who am I to argue with a card, nobody, that's who.  So, here is my July Bombshell Sketch Card using the Homeward Bound Stamp Set.

     As you can tell the sketch is flipped on it's side, more often than not my cards are long as opposed to tall.
I added some sealing wax impressed with the compass rose from the same set.  I think it is so kewl to stamp on sealing wax.  I like to do it for the back of my envelopes to.

     I used  really spiffy paper from K&Co. this design pad has wonderful sea and nautical papers and I couldn't resist using the reverse side of the above papers for the interior of the card.

I just love this whale don't you.  I think the entire card has the early American merchant/whaler thing going for it.

So here is the best part of the Bombshell Sketch Challenge.  YOU can join in on the challenge just use the sketch and your Bombshell stamps and you might when a Bombshell Stamp Set of your own choosing.  How kewl is that?  To be a part of this challenge just go to the Bombshell Blog and attach your card to the Mr. Linky dealiebob at the bottom of the post.  For a second chance to win, post your card on the Bombshell Forum right here.  And don't forget, the Prize Patrol will be looking over all the Bombshell cards and projects they can find for the month of July and choosing their favorite for another chance at a Bombshell Stamp set.  There are lots of ways to win a stamp set this month.  Take advantage of them,  it's fun to play along and even more fun to win.

Bombshell Stamp Set - Homeward Bound
Design Paper K&Co.
Archival Coffee Ink
Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink (My very favorite)
Jute from stash
Sealing Wax from stash


1 comment:

  1. awesome card, love all the inking looks great...hugs Anita..xx

    ReplyDelete