Blogger Layouts

Monday, July 23, 2012

Shimmery Sweet Pea

     This is a very bubbly, glittery card made with one of Sweet Pea stamps beautiful mermaids.  This is one of my favorite mermaids because of the koi pattern on her tail.  I think this company has some of the prettiest mermaids and fairies in the stamping world.

      The image was colored with Prisma pencils and odorless mineral spirits.  I used a white Signo pen to add highlights and a gold Signo pen to add detail.  After cutting the image out with a Nestabilities oval, I added Ice Stickles over the entire image to give it an underwater shimmering look that I was not able to capture in film.  The entire oval was edged with dew drop by Recolletions.  Each dew drop has Stickles Ice under it for more shine.  Finally the image was matted with a scalloped circle Nestie.

       I used two different design papers to layer the card and I picked a turquoise mat to match the mermaids top.  The first layer is made with a Cheery Lynn lattice die that my Johnny Luv bought me.  I really like this die, it has soooo many possibilities.  The same dew drops and Ice Stickles were used to embellish the lattice background.

Sweet Pea Stamps
K&Co Design Paper
Generic Card Stock
Prisma Pencisl and OMS
Recollections Dew Drops
Stickles Ice
Cheery Lynn Lattice Di
Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval and Scalloped Oval
3 M Foam Tape


2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty what a fab card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image, layout and card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete