Blogger Layouts

Sunday, August 5, 2012

God's Blessings

   God's Blessings, how perfect for today, Sunday.  Today, while I was in church, I was counting all my blessings.  I am so very blessed.  I have an incredible husband who encourages me to be the best I can be while being my very best friend, who is an amazing father and a responsible provider who takes pride in all he does, but best of all he loves me and our children with all his heart.

    I have children who are loving, talented, kind, and polite.  They make me so very proud; each and everyone of them.  Just so you know, there are five of them and I am so glad that they all love each other so much and help each other.  They are wonderful at volunteering in the community, at church, and at school.  (House work is another story, but isn't it always? lol)

     I have a wonderful home, I have sweet pets, I have friends who are loyal, funny, smart, and supportive.  I  don't think there is anything that I lack.  The Lord has been soo good to me.

     After all that here is my card, another blessing from God.  He has given me the talent and supplies to create and share my talent with others.

     My Johnny Luv bought me the sentiment at the last scrapbook convention that we attended. (I told you he was special.  There was only one other man at the convention who didn't work there.)  The design came from a sketch at Our Daily Bread Designs.  The paper is something I have been hoarding for a couple years, waiting for just the right card.  It is so sparkly and glittery.  I just love glitter and by the time I finished this card I was covered in it. The bottom of my tub was sparkling after I took a shower.

     The sentiment was added to a spellbinders Label 11 die cut and then I had just enough old glitter glue f to do the edges.  It was a perfect match too.  Hmmm - no such thing as coincidence when you are following the Lord's lead.     The little doily was actually a scrap from a different doily and was cut from cream paper.  It just didn't look right though so I inked it pink with distress ink. There's a couple tiny cream punched doilies  behind the paper rose as well as some ribbon to co-ordinate with the  ribbon down the center of the card.

      Speaking of ribbon, this ribbon is so kewl.  It has pink mixed in with the gold.  I was given this ribbon in a box of old sewing scraps.  Just love the way the Lord provides, don't you.

Our Daily Bread Stamps - Thinking of You stamp set
My Minds Eye - Lost and Found design paper
Studio G Glue Sticks
Recollections Paper Rose
Cheery Lynn - Polynesian Sails Doily
Spellbinders - Labels 11
Queen & Co. - Rhinestones
Martha Stewart - Ribbon
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Peacock and Spun Sugar
K & Co. paper trim

     


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful take on the sketch!! I just love your colors, the combo of patterns, and your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete