Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Let's Hear It for the Boys

     Let's Hear It for the Boys, that's the title for this month's Bombshell Blog Hop.  Ever since the topic was chosen that song has been playing in my head.  I even sang it, much to my family's horror, while I was creating today's card.

     This month is the fifth anniversary for Bombshell Stamps and we have a wonderfully large hop today to help us celebrate.  There are 16 stops altogether.  So, if you just joined us and would like to take part from the beginning just bounce over to the Bombshell Blog to get started.

     If you have arrived here from Laura's Crafty Little Woman Blog are on the right track.  Wasn't that an outrageous card?  I just love fancy fold cards!

    Today my card features one of the kewl motorcycles from the really nice selection that Bombshell Stamps carries.  This one is a new to me set called Let's Ride.  I love that this set is composed of different bike silhouettes.

     I knew I wanted to do a brayered background for this card so I choose three shades of red from Tim Holtz's Distress Inks.  I then distressed the edges with some black Distress Ink and finally embossed the entire card with Cuttlebug's Diamond Plate embossing folder.

     The motorcycle was embossed in black onto white cardstock.  After embossing, I sponged in red ink and highlighted with a silver Sharpie marker.  I didn't like the way the bike looked just placed in the center of the card.  So I rifled through my nestabilities to find just the right frame.  I still wasn't happy with it so I added a an embossed background to my frame and lightly sponged it with black ink.  Finally I added silver dots to the frame and background.

     I felt the card still needed something and I knew I had some philips head brads somewhere or other.  When I finally found them, I also found some little gear shaped metal pieces that looked kewl so I added them to the brads.

      Finally satisfied, I used the negative from the diecut lable to add a sentiment to the inside of the card (which I forgot to photograph).  This card is off to my adopted soldier in Afghanistan first thing tomorrow morning.  I try to do something masculine for him every month.

     Now it's off to Terra's Blog, Smeared and Smudged and boy does she have a treat for the eyes.

Bombshell Stamps - Let's Ride Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Soot, Berries, Fired Brick, and Mahogany
Versafine Black Ink
Versamark Embossing Ink
Stampendous Clear Ink
Silver Sharpie Marker
Provocraft - Cuttlebug Diamond Plate Embossing Folder
Oriental Trading Philips Head Brads


   

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your card. So many great textures and details on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo gorgeous card! I love the embossed diamond plate with the three shades of red distress ink and the Brads. Great coloring on the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is FABULOUS! Great background with the colors, the texture and the metals. WOW!! Perfect with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely awesome! I love all of the embossing you did, and the inking, too. And thanks for the kind words.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! I am so in love with the background. And I really like the colored elements you added to the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic card Mary Anne! I love the background you've made,the different shades of red,going over into black.And the diamond embossing plate goes so well with it ( that one is still on my wish list...) and the screws are a great finising touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the special details on this card. So sweet of you to be sending it to someone serving. Good for you!

    Great job on a truly fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete